• Thread starter The Sauce
  • Start date
  • Views 2,339
T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
I stumbled across this on accident, and retracing my steps I think I have it somewhat figured out. I just hunted and killed the Ghost Bison and was making my way back to the Trapper to sell it when I was attacked by a pack of wolves, got bucked off the horse, and died(losing several perfect pelts I had stored on the horse. Here is what I did:

-Auto-save turned off.
-Killed Ghost Bison, skinned and placed pelt on horse. Created save(I save after every new find/kill/event).
-Rode towards trapper, got killed by wolves, after respawn immediately loaded last save. I went after the wolves a couple times since 2 of them had perfect pelts, got them both in perfect condition on 3rd try. I reloaded save the two times I ruined either of the pelts.
-Went to Trapper, I had 4 Legendary Bison Pelts available.
-Noticed I had 6 available Legendary Elk pelts as well, must have reloaded a bunch sometime after killing it.

Now, am I wrong in assuming killing/skinning a legendary animal produces one pelt? The thing that caught my attention was after reloading a save I got a message saying my legendary pelt was saved to the trappers inventory(not in those exact words) even though it was still on my horse.

I am on Xbox, I assume this will work on PS4 as well since I think it is an exploit of the game automatically saving the pelt to the Trappers inventory upon death or loss.

Feel free to test and let me know if it works, I'm going to try as soon as I get to kill another legendary animal.

Side question, is it possible to hunt legendary animals more than once?

Last edited:
bremalo

bremalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe you only need 1 legendary skin to build each set.

For example, kill and sell 1 legendary moose to trapper and I think he “stores” 3 skins so you don’t need to kill the elk 3 times to craft all the moose items.

I’ve only killed legendary animals once but was able to purchase multiple cloths that required the same legendary skin

T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe you only need 1 legendary skin to build each set.

For example, kill and sell 1 legendary moose to trapper and I think he “stores” 3 skins so you don’t need to kill the elk 3 times to craft all the moose items.

I’ve only killed legendary animals once but was able to purchase multiple cloths that required the same legendary skin

Cool thanks for the info, so then that pretty much makes duping the pelts pointless lol

The_Bert

The_Bert

Reaction score
Sin$
This is not a dupe the legendary pelt gets used in multiple pieces of clothing. In theory the trapper cuts up the hide to make the full set. I was confused at first when i saw you need more then one legendary skin of the same animal

T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
This is not a dupe the legendary pelt gets used in multiple pieces of clothing. In theory the trapper cuts up the hide to make the full set. I was confused at first when i saw you need more then one legendary skin of the same animal

Ah gotcha, just confirmed this last night, started buying the clothing piece by piece and saw that the numbers needed exactly matched the qty. Ah well. Thanks. /thread.

Top Bottom
Login
Register