What's new

Discussion Story of Xbox Underground - Cover of WIRED magazine - May 2018

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$

This cover story came out April 17, 2018. It is the most in-depth and accurate account of the Xbox Underground events I have ever seen. It also touches on the FIFA coin fraud with Ricky Miller (aka SuperModder911, the one who withdrew $30k/day from his bank). The piece is primarily about Dave Pokora (aka DeToX, Xenomega, XeNoN.7) who created Alteration for Halo 3, Ascension for Halo Reach, and all kinds of hugely innovative tools for the 360; as well being the very first person to spoof XBL challenges - this is mentioned in the article as well.

Besides Dave and Ricky (from XBLS), the article goes in depth about Nathan Leroux (aka natelx/animefre4k, from xbdm/lots of utilities), Anthony Clark (aka anth0ny from XBLS and FSD), Dylan Wheeler (aka SuperDaE), Sanadodeh Nesheiwat (aka sonic-iso, soniciso from EFNet), and Austin Alcala (aka AAMonkey from Se7enSins). Dishonorable mention goes to Justin May (aka MTWomg, enMTW, PERSON A) - for being a rat piece of sh*t who got all of his friends arrested, including tricking Dave across the Canadian border into the US, where feds were waiting.

From my knowledge and relationships, I can attest that everything in the article is accurate. If you guys have any questions, I can probably answer them...

Se7enSins user accounts:
Dave: DeToX / XeNoN.7 (banned, only staff can view)
Anthony: AntMan / anth0ny
Ricky: SuperModder911
Austin: AAMonkey
ArmanTheCyber: Arman 36O / Arman 360

People involved in the FIFA case brought by the FBI, Xbox Underground, and XBLS - but not mentioned in article:
Eaton: Eaton
Nick: nickcas

bcOS5Iq.jpg

06HHG7p.jpg

Nobody cares about you MTW/PERSON A, I hope you get raided again you ugly rat
Tri3al3.jpg

Nokia

Nokia

[nokia@se7ensins ~]$
Lifetime
Beginning of An Odyssey Stickied Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I read the article on WIRED the day it was posted. Great work by the writers, very accurate information indeed.
In fact, the cover art is my current wallpaper. I personally thought the artist did an amazing job.

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$
I read the article on WIRED the day it was posted. Great work by the writers, very accurate information indeed.
In fact, the cover art is my current wallpaper. I personally thought the artist did an amazing job.
Yup.

I also totally forgot to mention the homie ArmanTheCyber (he and xI cHOcOLaTe brought RealTimeHalo to retails), and how he burglarized the Microsoft Redmond facility to get XB1 XDKs.

He hates when you ask him about RTH :tongue:

costlyy

costlyy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
30k $ a day ?! Lol I guess it must been more lucrative buissnes than being drug dealer.

x FuZiioN x

x FuZiioN x

I've Been around forever, Kid.
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
(aka SuperModder911, the one who withdrew $30k/day from his bank).

This is what happens when you become too cocky.

Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I never knew Nate tried to kill himself. Glad he lived, guy is super talented.

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
30k $ a day ?! Lol I guess it must been more lucrative buissnes than being drug dealer.
I think that was mentioned more to explain how he got caught. Dude was flagged by the IRS for that.

The only thing I'd complain about is it didn't really go much into SuperDaE's side or even mention the almost 2tb torrent of loot that he held ransom, that was in the news for a bit. However that might be because SuperDaE wasn't answering questions or the reporter couldn't find accurate sources on it which would be fair.

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just read the article. I haven't read anything that great in a long time very interesting

x FuZiioN x

x FuZiioN x

I've Been around forever, Kid.
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I think that was mentioned more to explain how he got caught. Dude was flagged by the IRS for that.

The only thing I'd complain about is it didn't really go much into SuperDaE's side or even mention the almost 2tb torrent of loot that he held ransom, that was in the news for a bit. However that might be because SuperDaE wasn't answering questions or the reporter couldn't find accurate sources on it which would be fair.
The Police over here wanted Dylan dead, literally. He is fine and chillin some where in Europe. Doing quite well for himself.

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$
However that might be because SuperDaE wasn't answering questions or the reporter couldn't find accurate sources on it which would be fair.
DaE was interviewed pretty thoroughly. He is now in school in the UK. A friend of mine met up with him to hang out and he was texting with this very journalist a few times. The article does briefly mention his ransom/doomsday threat.

There is just so much that happened with these guys... Eaton didn't even get mentioned, and Ricky didn't even have his name mentioned... just that he got everyone on the IRS radar with his withdrawals.

DaE was talked about quite a bit, but the story's main subject is Dave.

I'm definitely buying a few physical copies of this issue!

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$
S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah, the times that were had. Wish there was more brought up since there was quite a bit that I recall but suppose it'll be for another time. If it wasn't for seeing Xenon's work then I'd probably never have set on the path I did!
Although, I do regret some actions. As do we all.

NiNJA

NiNJA

WWW.XBLS.NiNJA
Verified
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah, the times that were had. Wish there was more brought up since there was quite a bit that I recall but suppose it'll be for another time. If it wasn't for seeing Xenon's work then I'd probably never have set on the path I did!
Although, I do regret some actions. As do we all.
The Se7ensins AIM blast group where you and I became friends and got you into some serious modding :wideyed:

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I mean xbls/other stealth servers isn't shutdown by ms or the gov yet so that is surprising. Unless ms doesn't care about it anymore.

Top Bottom
Login
Register