What's new

Discussion STOP 0x0000C1F5

Modified

Modified

Getting There
Reaction score
Yes, I had the BSoD with the STOP 0x0000C1F5 error. The only way to fix this problem would be to boot up LINUX because the corrupted file ($TxfLog) is a Windows Metadata system file, which no version of Windows can delete or modify.

So I took a trip over to the SystemRescueCd website and I downloaded the latest version of the Linux based system rescue CD as an ISO so I could then burn it onto a bootable disk.

I started up my PC and entered the BIOS setup to switch the Boot Device to the CD-ROM. The sysresccd boots up, and I followed the directions accordingly... blah blah blah. Once I enter in my country code during the setup, I get another error similar to this:

SQUASHFS error: sb_bread failed reading block 0x2848
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 9f5dc9, size 1c058
""
""
/sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libc.so.6: cannot read file data: Input/output error
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempting to kill init!

The after this error appears, the setup process freezes. I'm doubting that ANY of you can help me, but if you have any clue on what this means and how I can fix it, I will give you unlimited amounts of little chocolates. Lol But please help me...

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Go to UBCD for Windows and download the latest version of UltimateBoot CD, burn it to a CD (an ISO so it is a bootable CD) and then go to Disk Tools > Checkdisk.

You could also plug in the HD to another computer, back up all of your important information, and then format it.

Top Bottom