Tutorial [Steam Achievements] What a Party!, Bobble-Trap, The Lubricator

• Thread starter Polarghost
  • Start date
  • Views 8,174
Polarghost

Polarghost

Reaction score
Sin$
WARNING: I am not responsible for any damages incurred to your SAVE FILES and you are modding these files at your own risk. So please back up your SAVE Files before altering any data.

The only reason I'm making this, is because I've committed too much of my time trying to 100% the achievements, but gearbox decided to make the drop rate on the items way too low. If you want complain that the game is supposed to be that way and I have to work for it, but I'm tired and I just want to move on to Borderlands 2.

Requirements:
-Notepad ++
-Notepad ++ Hex editor plugin here

-Borderlands game

First thing you need to do is install Notepad++. After you're done that download the Hex editor plugin from above. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins and place the HexEditor.dll into that folder. Restart Notepad++ and go to Plugins dropdown at the top. If you see an option called HEX-Editor than you have correctly installed it.
screen1.png

Now go to C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\borderlands\savedata choose the save file you want to modify, Right-click it and select Edit with Notepad++.
Now your going to see something like this, but don't worry the hex editor will fix that.

This is the part that get's a little tricky. You have to be careful what values you change. Remember these are hexadecimal values.
screen2.png

Go to the Plugins -> HEX-Editor -> View in HEX. Now you're going to see something like this:
screen3.png

So for the first achievement What a Party!, the items you need in order to get the achievement are 3 Panties, 5 fish in a bag, and 15 pizzas. Now what you need to do is press CTRL + F and change the Data Type to Hexadecimal in the drop down menu, if it already isn't. Next in the text bar type F8 06 to change the number of Panties.

The value 10 is a Hexadecimal number and in Decimal it is 16. So that means I have 16 Pink Panties. Beside F8 06 is the number 01. This is for all of the items so always skip this number. If you don't know how to convert hexadecimals to decimals just do what this guide tells you otherwise if you are certain you have more than the required amount of items you don't have to change the values. So what you're going to want to do is change that value of 10 to 03. Now you have 3 Pink Panties.

Now all you have to do is repeat this for all the other items. Below is a list of HEX values for the ITEMS to find and the VALUE you need to change it to:

Pink Panties - F8 06 - 03

Fish in a Bag - F9 06 - 05

Pizzas - FA 06 - 0F

Bobbleheads - F6 06 - 0F

ClapTrap Oil Cans - F5 06 - 19

You'll have to login with your character first and the 3 achievements will pop. As for PS3 and Xbox 360 I'm pretty sure you can convert the save file using WillowTree, but I have not tried this and I don't know if the achievements will pop or not.

Below are a couple of more examples in case you get stuck.

Pizzas:

screen5.png

Bobbleheads:

screen6.png

If you're having any trouble just PM me.

I want to give credit to matt911 and mouseypounds from SourceForge (here) for having found the hex codes. I'm pretty much useless because without them I wouldn't have been able to do anything. I don't know them personally, but thank them very much.

Last edited:
D

DaMovieGuru

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, this actually worked. Converting my save to pc and then back to the 360 version with willowtree did justice. The cheevos popped while my save game was loading.

Polarghost

Polarghost

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, this actually worked. Converting my save to pc and then back to the 360 version with willowtree did justice. The cheevos popped while my save game was loading.
Glad to see this old guide actually helped someone lol.

A

alexhorrillo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys!

I'm really struggling with those missions and got bored so I decided to mod it. I was following the instructions and got to the part where I convert it to Hexadecimal. I press CTRL + F, but when I introduce the code F8 06 in the bar, nothing appears. Can someone help me?

Z

zellwood

Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure if anyone still looks here but I can say that it still works to this day and just by using Note++ and willowtree you can still make changes and even upload your modded character and import over to the Xbox one GOTY version and get the achievements. Also you know longer need to download the HEX editor. just enable it in the newest version of Note++

omega_cup

omega_cup

Reaction score
Sin$
Not entirely clear here.

So for Pink Panties, I find F8 06
That'll have 01 next to it, so leave the 01 in place, and I edit the value after that (in my case it's 00 as I have none)?
So my string will be F8 06 01 03

Top Bottom
Login
Register