What's new

Working State of Decay 2 - Duplication Glitch (Any Inventory Item)

• Thread starter RollinThatDice
  • Start date
  • Views 21,382
RollinThatDice

RollinThatDice

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
IMPORTANT!: Failure to follow each step carefully will result in loss of save game data. This will wipe all your progress.

Xbox One only!

1. Save your campaign by switching characters or turning your game to public or solo.

2. Join a friends game and load up your inventory with everything you want to dupe.

3. Drop your inventory on the floor and LEAVE THE INVENTORY SCREEN OPEN.

4. Open the xbox guide, navigate to State of Decay 2, press start and select Manage.

5. Delete your save game and when asked select CONSOLE ONLY.

6. Rejoin your friends game and your items will be in storage as well as on the floor.

E

Ephemeral

Memento Mori
Reaction score
Sin$
Please add this is patched! Devs made a hotfix so whenever a item is dropped it autosaves.

Killatonicus

Killatonicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Please add this is patched! Devs made a hotfix so whenever a item is dropped it autosaves.
I just did it for three separate groups of random people. I can confirm this is not patched and is WORKING. It does save whenever you drop an item, pick up an item, switch characters, change multiplayer settings, and just about anything else. Buuuuut that's saving it to your console. It saves to the cloud shortly after that, which is why when you delete your saved data from the console only it pulls your cloud saved data upon reloading the game. The cloud didn't save that you dropped your items yet, so they are still in your inventory and your friends world.

Retribution

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reporter Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I just did it for three separate groups of random people. I can confirm this is not patched and is WORKING. It does save whenever you drop an item, pick up an item, switch characters, change multiplayer settings, and just about anything else. Buuuuut that's saving it to your console. It saves to the cloud shortly after that, which is why when you delete your saved data from the console only it pulls your cloud saved data upon reloading the game. The cloud didn't save that you dropped your items yet, so they are still in your inventory and your friends world.

I agree. I did the glitch successfully as well.

RollinThatDice

RollinThatDice

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can't get this to work it's because you aren't following the steps completely. Once you finished all steps you need to go back to single player and repeat the steps again.

E

Ephemeral

Memento Mori
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can't get this to work it's because you aren't following the steps completely. Once you finished all steps you need to go back to single player and repeat the steps again.
Yeah it turns out i wasnt allowing the save go to the cloud so i wasnt duping correctly. My appolgies for my error

Top Bottom
Login
Register