• Thread starter D00ms D4Y
  • Start date
  • Views 516
D

D00ms D4Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can someone please help me with my computer start up.... it takes at least 10 minutes to fully start up

Operating System
  1. Windows
T

ThePope43

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It could either be a bad OS, or its possible that something is just shot on your motherboard....

D

D00ms D4Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im gonna have to go with the theory that something on my motherboard is shot... its a 2000 laptop. if anyone can help me to make it a little faster please post

H

h3rpilit3s

Reaction score
Sin$
Try this reg tweak. Open run command and type regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Current control set/control/sessionmanager/memorymanagement. Then look for system pages at the bottom. right click and modify and change that # to 20000.
Also on that same page at the top you can change Largesystemcache to a 1.
Or maybe you have to many startup programs. Open run and type msconfig. then click on startup tab. Remove/uncheck that you dont need. Hope this helps.

D

digitalhigh

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I highly doubt your motherboard is shot on a laptop made in 2000. The computer I'm currently working on was manufactured in 1998, and runs like a top.

Most likely, you've prolly got a lot of unnecesicary CRAP running, especially if it's an old laptop. Retailers like to ship them with a lot of OEM software that's totally unnecessicary. Go here and delete all the keys except for stuff for your firewall and virusscanner if you've got them. Also, for win2k, there may be a program that scans for wireless networks if you've got a wireless NIC: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Then, get ad-aware and spybot S&D, run them, and delete everything it finds.

I can prettymuch guarantee you that if you do all this, your computer will start up MUCH faster. I did this for my sis, and her boot time went from 15+ minutes to about 45 seconds.

Top Bottom
Login
Register