What's new

Discussion Starting a Booster Account: Tips?

• Thread starter LFCGirl
  • Start date
  • Views 776
LFCGirl

iMikeyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Bungie.net : Halo 3 Player Details

This is the account I'm going to start boosting.

What should I do with it? How should I start it out? I want it to be for SWAT at first.

So should I just start quitting? Or win some then quit.. Idk. Ideas?

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't quit. Don't use a turbo controller to lose tons of games. Just go into SWAT, lose some games, but not too many. And then play some and actually try to win. And repeat.

At this point it is pretty hard to make a booster. You will get banned for using a turbo controller and you will get banned for quiting.

LFCGirl

iMikeyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What exactly is my goal as a booster? (I can always start a new account)

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Your goal? Get a bunch of losses/extremely bad record in whatever playlist you are wanting to boost someone. This will make the person you are boosting level up very fast.

LFCGirl

iMikeyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright I gotcha.

I see kids all the time with 0 exp and they're like level 40

What does that do? Allow YOU to level up quicker? Or what

And like they quit right as the game ends

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
The booster if it has such a terrible record will almost never level up. The person being boosted will level up very quickly.

When people quit out at the end of the game it does nothing except make them lose an EXP point. It doesn't contribute to actually trying to make a booster. If someone is doing that to try and make a booster than they are wasting their time.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, he is probably making a booster. You would think so if he had almost -200 EXP. But quiting out when you know you already have the win is pointless because when making a booster it doesn't have to do with how much negative EXP you have, but how bad your win/loss ratio is.

LFCGirl

iMikeyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh so if you like quit in the beginning of a game, and your team won, it would be stupid?

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Aft3RLif3 said:
Oh so if you like quit in the beginning of a game, and your team won, it would be stupid?
Pretty much. If you just stayed in the whole game and made sure your team lossed it would be better.

F

FOX no johns

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You honestly can quit games safely in any playlist you're are positive xp in. I've explained this before. Well to be honest, I've tested it in only MLG, slayer, and Griffball, but I assume its the same in all playlists.

LFCGirl

iMikeyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So get like positive 10 or something then just quit like crazy?

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
No, I think it's not safe to quit when you get into the negative EXP. But don't listen to me. Just wait to see what Fox says as he seems to know more about this then I do.

F

FOX no johns

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Aft3RLif3 said:
So get like positive 10 or something then just quit like crazy?

I said you should be safe if you are positive xp in the playlist you are quitting out of. This means once you hit 0xp you disregard what I said about being safe to quit. I have not tested out quitting into the negatives as I got banned when bungie updated the banhammer to strike those who are negative already, which was like 10 months ago or something.

So, for example, if you are +10 xp in TS, you should be safe to quit out of at least 10 games in TS.

Proof: Bungie.net : Halo 3 Player Details

Well over 100 games were quit consecutively. I'm pretty sure it was over 150.

LFCGirl

iMikeyy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of boosting, if you have to WIN games?

I think I'm missing something as I'm still confused.

F

FOX no johns

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Aft3RLif3 said:
Doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of boosting, if you have to WIN games?

I think I'm missing something as I'm still confused.

Alright, let me elaborate further:

Scenario 1: You have an account that has games played and you want to make into a boosting account. You can quit out of games until you reach 0 xp, and then use it to boost an account. When you are finished boosting an account, you will have positive xp in that playlist from winning. Then you can proceed to quit out of games again.

Scenario 2: You are making a new account and are planning on making it a booster. If you want to avoid becoming banned instantly by quitting, you simply go into mm, preferably with another person intentionally losing, and just lose. Once you lose about 50-100 games (you can do more, its really up to you) and are ready to boost an account, do so. After you are finished boosting the account you will be positive xp in the playlist and can begin quitting games.

NOTE: Making a booster is directly dependent on losing games. If you quit a game and your team ends up winning (check bungie.net for game results), it has the same effect as you winning without quitting.

T

travisford

Reaction score
Sin$
FOX no johns said:
I said you should be safe if you are positive xp in the playlist you are quitting out of. This means once you hit 0xp you disregard what I said about being safe to quit. I have not tested out quitting into the negatives as I got banned when bungie updated the banhammer to strike those who are negative already, which was like 10 months ago or something.

So, for example, if you are +10 xp in TS, you should be safe to quit out of at least 10 games in TS.

Proof: Bungie.net : Halo 3 Player Details

Well over 100 games were quit consecutively. I'm pretty sure it was over 150.

lol thats my swag acount my booster is the bomb foxy give credit:thumbup:

Top Bottom
Login
Register