start up blue screen

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by MyS!ze, Feb 15, 2009 with 8 replies and 110 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    everytime i start up my comp i get a crash dump blue screen. or it loads up halfway and just restarts. im running vista. just installed a new nvidia geforce 9800 gt and also 2gigs of ram. but this has happened before i installed the new hardware too. help would be appreciated. i also cant boot to safe mode, it takes an hour.

2. I Doughboy

I Doughboy Premium Premium

Ratings:
    What you could try is to put in your vista installation disk and restart your computer, booting from the disk. Go into it and after you select your language go to repair in the bottom left of the window. You could try starting your computer from the last known good configuration. Also, you could try starting your computer in safe mode. Try those things and if all else fails, reinstall your OS.

3. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    ^ And if reinstalling the OS doesn't solve it, it's most likely hardware related.

4. OP
    MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thanks guys. ive tried booting from my vista install disk but it wont boot up all the way cuz the blue screen pops up. i think its hardware related. ive also tried the last known good config. i would try to restore to an earlier date but im scared it will **** up wheb it restarts. thanks for the suggestions tho =) anyone know an estimate of how much it would cost to get this checkd out at a shop?

5. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Don't get it checked, they will **** you with troubleshooting charges.

Its definitely hardware related but more specifically, I think one of your ram slots is jacked up. Try only putting the ram into one slot. If it still doesn't boot, then try the other one.

6. rickeyf11

rickeyf11 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how do you boot from the cd?
    ha sorry for the dumb ?

7. SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR Retired Retired

Ratings:
    just unplug your new stuff, see if ti works. if it does plug the stuff in one at a time. whatever causes the crash is faulty. unless it already ****ed u. then reinstall the os and start over.

8. OP
    MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i've done all tht.
    time for the last resort...
    oh ****!!
    i remeember what caused this.
    i was high and my vista ultimate just got done downloding and i started to install it. then it said my system cant run it? ****d up right?

so wat do you think happened? cuz i had to reinstall my premium after that.

9. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Some system files got mixed up or something. If that's the case, boot a Live CD and backup your important documents, and then format and reinstall Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.