GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i was browsing gears of war forums the other day and come up accross this. Looks like the standbyers who get caught are banned from public matches.

A list of all fixes so far coming in TU3 according to Epic folks - Epic Games Forums

but someone who knows he sucks at GoW2 will be disipointed and make his life goal to figure out how to standbye because without host and standbye he just sucks. So now he ruins it for all the people who are actually good at the game and dont need to standbye. Looks like the ranking system is also changed.

WishMaster

WishMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, if you standby on the new upcoming TU3 you will get banned, but theres nothing about force hosting so i dont have problems with that. i dont care if i get host or not as long as i dont get stanbyed that is if someone figures a way how to. but in any case if i do ill just force host.:mellow:

K

Kinky Adam bomb

Reaction score
Sin$
I have all ready gotten banned for forcing host. People still file complaints and you still get banned. I have been banned so far 14 times and thats not a joke it sucks.

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Kinky Adam bomb said:
I have all ready gotten banned for forcing host. People still file complaints and you still get banned. I have been banned so far 14 times and thats not a joke it sucks.

Yup, I was suspended for 2 weeks for standby/lag switch./
Sucks.

GoldBl4d3 said:
i was browsing gears of war forums the other day and come up accross this. Looks like the standbyers who get caught are banned from public matches.

A list of all fixes so far coming in TU3 according to Epic folks - Epic Games Forums

but someone who knows he sucks at GoW2 will be disipointed and make his life goal to figure out how to standbye because without host and standbye he just sucks. So now he ruins it for all the people who are actually good at the game and dont need to standbye. Looks like the ranking system is also changed.

I agree with you a lot that standbying is gay, but the only reason people force-host is to NOT get lag.

I can't tell you how many times I play NORMAL games without getting host and have the lag be HORRIBLE. Hopefully that will be fixed in TU3... If not, more force host.

WishMaster

WishMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iMarty said:
Yup, I was suspended for 2 weeks for standby/lag switch./
Sucks.

I agree with you a lot that standbying is gay, but the only reason people force-host is to NOT get lag.

I can't tell you how many times I play NORMAL games without getting host and have the lag be HORRIBLE. Hopefully that will be fixed in TU3... If not, more force host.

There are millions of people playing the game, so im sure at least one person will find a new way to force host and standby without being detected.:tongue:

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Gam3Pwner said:
There are millions of people playing the game, so im sure at least one person will find a new way to force host and standby without being detected.:tongue:

But will that person release it to the public?
DUNDUNDUN

I

iMarty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Coletrain17 said:
GOD! It is getting so freaking cold in these forums

Sure is.
Hey cole, you wanna go play some gridlock?

LOL I remember that one.

P

P R O L II K E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Kinky Adam bomb said:

Then you must do it with a modem or a just gay about it and standby every game

Top Bottom
Login
Register