Standbying Help ! Please !

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Bridging' started by Simple, Aug 13, 2009 with 15 replies and 597 views.

1. Simple

Simple Newbie

Ratings:
    I have downloaded Cain and Abel , ZoneAlarm Pro , and autostandby in order to standby. Everything works fine in cain and abel ... i have everything set up in cain and abel. However whenever i seem to run Zonealarm Pro and the autostandby software i get a "RuntimeError 17" ?! I was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions on how to solve this problem ... the programs seem to "clash" when running. Suggestions would be appreciated :smile: Also if anyone happens to be standbying and has a free space for me to join i would be very grateful if i could join you . Thanks !

2. latelevel187

latelevel187 Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm having the same exact problem. Hopefully someone has the solution to this. :smile:

3. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
  4. latelevel187

latelevel187 Newbie

Ratings:
    Nope, It still gives runtime error 17. I think it has to be a problem with the ZA we're using. I'm going to try and find an older one and see if that helps.

I get the same error. I'm going to revert to an older version of ZA.

5. OP
    Simple

Simple Newbie

Ratings:
    Yea ive downloaded the autostandby that you recomended and i still get the runtime error message. Im going to try and dowload a previous version of zonealarm and see if that works. Thanks for your help anyway :smile:

6. Fooky

Fooky Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i can teamview your computer and set it up for you

7. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure it is a Vista error. Are both of you running Vista? Anyway, I will try to look for solutions, but I can't be of the best help because I'm running XP.

8. OP
    Simple

Simple Newbie

Ratings:
    Yes i am running vista ... i really dont know whats causing the problem but if you do find a solution please let me know :smile: Fooky i appreciate your suggestion on using teamview but i really dont know what it is and it seems that you would have control of my laptop .. which doesnt appeal to me .. but yea i appreciate your help :cool:

9. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I still can't find the issue, but I will continue to look. I know it is an error between Vista and Zone Alarm. For now try downloading .Net Framework 3.5. See if that works. Here is the download link Download details: .NET Framework 3.5

Edit: Are you on 64-bit or 32-bit Vista?

10. OP
    Simple

Simple Newbie

Ratings:
    Ive downloaded the.net thingy that you linked me ... still have the problem though :frown: .... To be honest i dont know if i have 32 or 64 bit vista .. but i would have the most popular version of vista ... i believe that 32 is the most popular|used version of vista .. so i would imagine that i have 32 bit . I am not 100% sure ... but i would have the most popular version :smile:

11. WooKeTs

WooKeTs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    right click on my computer then click properties and you'll be able to tell if you have 32 bit or 64 bit.

12. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Here's what you should do. Download this program. Then go and open the program. Then open Zone Alarm and click record on the Mouse Recorder. Then with Zone Alarm record your arrow key strokes by just counting a couple seconds and moving the bar from High to Medium. This will create the effect of the Auto Standby program. When you have moved the bar from High to Medium multiple times then click stop on the program. Then in the empty box type 9999. Then when you want to standby, just open Zone Alarm and the Mouse Recorder. Then just press play. This is the best alternative to Auto Standby.

13. OP
    Simple

Simple Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok i have downloaded the mouse recoreder software but unfortunately it doesnt record the actual clicking of the mouse . It records the movement of the mouse but not the clicking so whenever i play the recording i just see the mouse moving from "Med" to "High" but it doesnt actually change the lvl of the zone security. The mouse just hovers between "High" and "Med" but no change of level :frown:

14. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Don't use the mouse when recording from High to Medium. It records keystrokes to, as in the up and down arrows. So, just use the up and down arrows to control your standbying. That should work. If it doesn't I will find a different Macro program.

15. OP
    Simple

Simple Newbie

Ratings:
    No ... unfortunately it still doesnt work :?

16. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings: