standby or lag switch and get host everytime in gears 2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by xLAYLOWx, Jan 31, 2009 with 22 replies and 9,621 views.

1. xLAYLOWx

xLAYLOWx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1. get a full party in any mode and make a party chat.
    2.then push start and wait for the the two check mark's then put your standby on or your lag switch on.
    3.when you lag out of your party chat turn off your standby or lag switch and boom you will BE HOST...

NOTE. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A FULL PARTY IN ORDER TO GET HOST AND I DONT RECOMMEND THAT YOU STANDBY PEOPLE CUZ PEOPLE DO GET :cursing:
    HAPPY HUNTING

2. SurF

SurF Experienced Member

Ratings:
  3. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I can only handle so many productive posts...

4. poorpaddy

poorpaddy Newbie

Ratings:

This worked great for a while, I did a 9 one thousand count and like clock work I got host. Sometimes had to wait a few minutes to get a room but that it is to be expected.

Downside is, as of 1/31, I think they started doing host bans via IP address in public matches. 3 of my friends still do the host this way after I taught them. However they have only been doing it for about a week and I had been doing it for nearly a month. Now I can't get host anymore when doing it, and it wont even if I use the bridge method since I have both setup.

My reason for saying it is by your ip address is not out of ignorance but that of a process of elimination. Same Xbox, signed into a different account and still no dice. However that doesn't exclude the mac address on the box nor the 360 reg code.

So I started fresh with another 360 that doesn't have either gamertags or data on them. Used a trial card and started up another account. Can find a mtach just fine but still can't force host.

I have yet to do this, but I'm considering to call my ISP and pretend there maybe a security risk to my public IP address and get it changed. I'll post back after I have done this to confirm if that indeed is the case.

5. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Just try using a static IP... I haven't tried since the 31st, but that used to work for me

6. poorpaddy

poorpaddy Newbie

Ratings:
    Um...using static IP doesn't have anything to do with the public IP address assigned to you by your ISP. It is the public ip address that gets blocked. You can see that address by visiting [Click here to view the link]

7. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can always change the IP of your xbox, it doesn't have to be static.

8. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    If this is true, which I doubt it, it has to do with your ISP designated IP.

I can force host just fine, and I've been bridging since December...

9. Velocity

Velocity Newbie

Ratings:
    im having a problem, every time i do this my friends seem to get disconnected, what am i doing wrong?

10. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Are your friends IPs on TRUSTED?

11. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    For one thing, you dont need to be in a party chat. Just count 8-12 for wingman, 5-7 for rest when bridging on lag switch. But this method is dated, unles your bridging to play the game legit, this method don't allow you to boost or anything fun.

As far as changing your IP from ISP, it can be done through your router, but I dont like to share my secrets. Less bridgers, better for me. :smile:

12. Velocity

Velocity Newbie

Ratings:
    well im using the lag switch method so no need for trusting them.

13. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Well then that's why he's getting disconnected. Try not to use the lag switch for as long as you're using it.

14. NamesRUvRated

NamesRUvRated Newbie

Ratings:
    Im starting to wonder if i got host banned

15. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Host ban doesn't exist, yet...

16. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Like Nubble said, host ban doesn't exist but I might have a solution to fixing the logn wait times.

I have noticed that it takes longer and longer to find host the more you have been bridging.

Restore your computer back a couple days and try.

Worked for me while it lasted.

17. anakinskywalker

anakinskywalker Newbie

Ratings:
    it works for me! i used net tools and i am host!

18. Velocity

Velocity Newbie

Ratings:
    figured out how to get the bridging with lag switch to work and i get host, but when i use lag switch in game everyone lags out of the game if i just even flip it for a second. is this because of something? can i fix it?

19. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    If you're using the orange wire, try using the green. If you're using the green, use the orange.

Give that a shot

20. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yup net tools does work as host.
    I was going to make a tutorial...
    You can call me laziest person ever.