Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Squad Leader Dog Kills

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by Kevin Caution, Jan 15, 2009 with 8 replies and 860 views.

1. Kevin Caution

Kevin Caution Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I heard through a few friends that if you are the leader of a squad such as Alpha or Bravo that you have dogs, and you call in a wave point upon where the other team might be, that the dogs will be more accurate and get more kills for you. Just wondering if this is true, let me know.

2. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Re: Squad Leaderr Dog Kills

If you are a squad leader, you don't automatically have dogs. I don't see how they can be more accurate because the dogs already run straight to you.

3. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:

Yea..I am confused. I don't think there is a way to pinpoint anything, because dogs spawn at certain places anyway.

4. AntiAppel

AntiAppel Newbie

Ratings:

I think what he was getting at was the ability to tell the dogs where to go. I don't believe they HAVE to be your dogs, but I have not been able to test that fact myself yet. Any who, if you are the squad leader, when you call in your dogs, press UP on the D-Pad, just like you would to bring up the map.You can then move a colored marker around on the map, kind of like calling in an artillery, and that will tell the dogs where you want them to go.
    If that's kind of confusing let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

5. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:

Nah it isn't confusing. It just doesn't make sense. How can you tell dogs where to go, if they already just attack enemies automatically?

BTW, it is good to see a new member know what they are talking about, and how to write a well written reply. You got on my good side already. :thumbup:

6. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:

Lol he joined before you, just never posted.

@ the post that anti made, I've heard of this like a thousand times, but when I'm always the squad leader I can never figure this out. I'm beginning to think its one of the myths. Like the :You can climb trees:

7. Hunter TS

Hunter TS Enthusiast

Ratings:

I see the logic but i dont think i believe it. Being the squad leader lets you call in a way point. All it does is lets your teammates know thats your point of interest. For example if im playing with my brother and he has an airstrike, he may ask me if i know where the enemy is for his airstrike. If im squad leader ill put a marker where they are so when he call his artillary he sees the marker i put up so hes knows where to put it. That is the only use ive had for that.

As far as dogs go... i think everyone is right. Dogs automaticaly seek out enemy. They really dont need direction. I guess the logic is the waypoint marker will concentrate their attack, but i just dont agree with it. But hey ive been wrong before.

Any way even if it did work it actually would do more harm than good. I cant count how may times i called in artillary on the enemy spawn side knowing they are there to have them spawn somewhere else just after i call it, getting no kills. Image if the same thing happend with your dogs. I think id rather have them free roam.

8. OP
    Kevin Caution

Kevin Caution Enthusiast

Ratings:

Then you guys win, maybe i'll start trying this though and see what happens, because i'm sick of only getting like 2 kills with dogs. They are starting to become usless now.

9. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:

LOL, didn't notice. You get my point anyway :tongue:.