What's new

[Spoilers] Watch Dogs Pre-Release Discussion

Encom

Encom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have downloaded Watch Dogs and have been playing it for the past 24 hours offline on the PS3 and so far my experience isn't a good one. I love the dynamics and storyline but for a game with so much hype, I feel let down. The graphics are sub-par and I find the controls annoying. Took me 6 hours to figure out how to run and for a driving based game, the controls are crap. The sound doesn't match up with how you're driving. Then to top it off, my legs disappear end and haven't returned.

What are your thoughts on the game so far?

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It wasn't meant for console peasants like us that's all I have to say.
How is the story?

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
The game is too powerful for current-gen consoles hence the crap graphics. It might look good for ps4 but who knows.

Yeah, I heard the One will only play the game at 792p while the PS4 at 900p. I also heard from another source that the developers of this game tried their hardest in terms of graphics (making it look real nice!) Like really nice apparently...

Encom

Encom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It wasn't meant for console peasants like us that's all I have to say.
How is the story?
It makes you feel. Everything about the story and side missions is very detailed.
Yeah, I heard the One will only play the game at 792p while the PS4 at 900p. I also heard from another source that the developers of this game tried their hardest in terms of graphics (making it look real nice!) Like really nice apparently...
I hope its better on PC. I got a free code because I dropped $750 on a new graphics card. I stopped playing it so that my experience won't be tainted when I play on PC.

Shanty

Shanty

Spikey
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting my copy next Friday (on the 30th), since I'm busy until then. :rolleyes: However, I found this video, which shows the first 90 minutes of the game:

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Played only the beginning on my jtag. It's worth buying it's just the crashing physics isn't that good. You can literally go straight through head-on traffic. Overall though it is a fun game to play through.

I'm getting my copy next Friday (on the 30th), since I'm busy until then. :rolleyes: However, I found this video, which shows the first 90 minutes of the game:

I put a 30min gameplay on my backup youtube, but that is much longer thanks :tongue:

Shanty

Shanty

Spikey
Reaction score
Sin$
The game is too powerful for current-gen consoles hence the crap graphics. It might look good for ps4 but who knows.
Hopefully, since that's what I'll be getting it on! :cool: Also, am I the only one who's wondering why there's no sub-forum for Watch_Dogs yet? o_O

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
Im downloading it right now via UTorrent for PC so give it a few hours... and ill be playing.

Taser

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Bright Idea Modder Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Man you gonna get banned again for trolling :eek::eek:
I dont think he is wrong. The graphics on the ps3 (all I have seen) is definitely not looking to amazing. Its not unplayable but it also seems a bit laggy. It could just be the videos but that is what I see.

Xbox One Guru

Xbox One Guru

Xbox Master Race
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think he is wrong. The graphics on the ps3 (all I have seen) is definitely not looking to amazing. Its not unplayable but it also seems a bit laggy. It could just be the videos but that is what I see.
I was talking about him just being sarcastic. The PS4/Xbox One will look just as good as other games. Just as beautiful as ever :tongue:

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was streaming it this morning and will probably resume doing so shortly.

So far I like it... Just have to get the hang of the hacking and combat system. Driving isn't too bad...

The graphics though... Wow...

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

So far I like it... Just have to get the hang of the hacking and combat system. Driving isn't too bad...

I tried to watch your Stream. No success. I got to watch 3 seconds, and then it stopped to buffer. Lol. Hopefully I will have better luck when you start it back up. :smile:

Encom

Encom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I take it you're on PC?

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
Same here. I didn't even know it had leaked for PC with a crack until I saw your post.

Im not getting much luck. I got upto 4Mb for about 1 minute and now its gone down hill since:cry:

Capture.png

Top Bottom
Login
Register