Speeding up utorrent

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by tryingtomod2008, Nov 23, 2008 with 5 replies and 171 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:
    I used the tut from my last post and forwarded the port and everything and it is still going like 15kb/s I have dsl so why is it taking so long?

Any ideas?

2. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Next time use the Help Desk forum in the technology section. You have to find a torrent that has a lot more seeders than leechers. If there are not many seeders, it will be hard to get fast downloads.

3. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    With torrents you have seeders. If your not familiar, seeders speed up the download by letting you download it off their computer as well.

The more people seeding = the faster your download will be.

Just look for downloads that have a heavy amount of seeders and it won't go as slow.

4. OP
    tryingtomod2008

tryingtomod2008 Newbie

Ratings:
    That worked alright i guess. I found one with a lot of seeder(which took forever) and im getting about 67kb/s so i guess thats good enough. **** it

5. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It should speed up even more if you followed the tutorial, and have a decent connection.

6. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Depends on the torrent you're downloading like they said. If no torrents are running quickly, maybe your ISP is retarded and throttles downloads to some outrageous extent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.