Discussion Source Code?

• Thread starter mnp2005
  • Start date
  • Views 1,856
M

mnp2005

Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible to obtain the source code for Halo 3? From the disk or any other methods?

I heard that people were looking at the Halo 3 Beta source code to find things out about the game before it came out. Does anyone know how they were able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

L

lolcats

Reaction score
Sin$
The source code for the halo 3 is only available to the games developers, the game disk contains the compiled source code, or xbox executable file.

The people you're referring to probably dumped the betas xex from their HDs and sifted through it with a hex editor.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
impossible to obtain any high-level source code such as c++. The only code that you could look at is the raw PPC assembly code of the game. If you strip the entire XEX2 header (leaving you with just the original PE), you could disassemble it in IDA.

M

mnp2005

Reaction score
Sin$
Haxalot88 said:
impossible to obtain any high-level source code such as c++. The only code that you could look at is the raw PPC assembly code of the game. If you strip the entire XEX2 header (leaving you with just the original PE), you could disassemble it in IDA.

Interesting...has anyone done this yet? Or can you provide me with some guidance on how I would go about doing so. Thanks.

L

lolcats

Reaction score
Sin$
mnp2005 said:
Interesting...has anyone done this yet? Or can you provide me with some guidance on how I would go about doing so. Thanks.

Unless you can read PPC, you won't understand a thing you find.

X

xfunky killerx

Reaction score
Sin$
i am the best modder here and everyone knows it
I KNOW ALL
bow down down to me as i mod usermaps
lol

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
mnp2005 said:

You need IDA. I can show you sometime over AIM or MSN, just PM me if you want to.

Top Bottom
Login
Register