Sound driver xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gods Gun

Gods Gun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, On my windows xp computer I need to redownload the sound driver. I located the driver, and when I try to install it by running the setup, it tells me to use device manager to update it. But, when I go to use device manager to update it, it only looks for the original .inf file which comes with the install disk. My issue is that the file I downloaded from my manufacturer is .exe, so it can't use the file to update the driver.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Bar Starred

Bar Starred

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, On my windows xp computer I need to redownload the sound driver. I located the driver, and when I try to install it by running the setup, it tells me to use device manager to update it. But, when I go to use device manager to update it, it only looks for the original .inf file which comes with the install disk. My issue is that the file I downloaded from my manufacturer is .exe, so it can't use the file to update the driver.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Right click the installer, and extract it, if that is not an option, download 7-zip, install that, then extract the file. Then point the dialogue in device manger to the inf file that was extracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register