LMaswep.gif

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
I liked that one but I don't think it looks right. Bit weird looking to me. Whoever created this should get a cookie!

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
End of the Year 2010 End of the Year 2011 Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm failing to see how this should quality as a stock manipulation tbh. It's nearly a completely different piece.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm failing to see how this should quality as a stock manipulation tbh. It's nearly a completely different piece.
It was made using nothing but the stock so I don't see why it wouldn't qualify as a stock manipulation. I guess I took the rule "It is forbidden to manipulate stock images unless a respectable amount of work has been done. I will be enforcing this harder because this is supposed to be your work, not someone else's."a little too seriously. My end goal was to make sure my entry stood out from the original piece and not make it look like I slapped a few things on it and called it a day.

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
End of the Year 2010 End of the Year 2011 Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
It was made using nothing but the stock so I don't see why it wouldn't qualify as a stock manipulation. I guess I took the rule "
  • It is forbidden to manipulate stock images unless a respectable amount of work has been done. I will be enforcing this harder because this is supposed to be your work, not someone else's."
a little too seriously. My end goal was to make sure my entry stood out from the original piece and not make it look like I slapped a few things on it and called it a day.
I mean yea, technically it's a manip, and it's more of a manipulation than anything else in that voting (imo there shouldn't even be a winner LOL). It's just that this looks more like you used the stock because you had to, like it wouldn't matter either way if there was a stock, the end piece would be the same. Same with B (I think).

Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I liked this, but I had to go with curry. :smile:

Overall it was good. Nice job on this. I thought Jedi made this lol

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
"It is forbidden to manipulate stock images unless a respectable amount of work has been done. I will be enforcing this harder because this is supposed to be your work, not someone else's."
Considering some of the entries had hardly anything done to them this is a crazy amount of work done.

OT: The execution of the idea you had has been done well however I feel that adding animation to a still image should only be done to an image that has signs of movement.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/4fPrpX8.webm
That is something that some drew then was animated from the still image to create that.

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Considering some of the entries had hardly anything done to them this is a crazy amount of work done.

OT: The execution of the idea you had has been done well however I feel that adding animation to a still image should only be done to an image that has signs of movement.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/4fPrpX8.webm
That is something that some drew then was animated from the still image to create that.
I saw that image as a still last year and was surprised when I found the animated version of it. I tried making something like it back when the theme was music but it came out pretty bad. I might start up a new one in a bit and see how it turns out. I'll post in showoff when I finish it. I know what you mean though, gifs are much better when you have multiple things moving at once. As for minimal amounts of work being put in to entries it kinda seems like that's become a common thing lately. Too many borderline rips.

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I saw that image as a still last year and was surprised when I found the animated version of it. I tried making something like it back when the theme was music but it came out pretty bad. I might start up a new one in a bit and see how it turns out. I'll post in showoff when I finish it. I know what you mean though, gifs are much better when you have multiple things moving at once. As for minimal amounts of work being put in to entries it kinda seems like that's become a common thing lately. Too many borderline rips.
Needs to be cracked down on MUCH more IMO :whistle:

Top Bottom
Login
Register