What's new

Discussion Sony Vegas Pro 9 work with Pinnacle Capture Card?

• Thread starter Tweeboy
  • Start date
  • Views 1,597
T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well recently I got a "Pinnacle Studio Moviebox HD" which came with a capture card along with Pinnacle Studios. I've been comparing the studio with Sony Vegas Pro 9 which my friend currently uses. I find that Sony Vegas is MUCH better than Pinnacle Studios. I'm most likely going to buy Sony Vegas Pro 9 soon and was just curious if I could still record videos with my Pinnacle Capture Card? Or would I need a new capture card compatible with Sony Vegas?

Thanks.

Operating System
  1. Windows
JtagPaddy

JtagPaddy

Reaction score
Sin$
em well nothing beats sony vegas thats for sure ..but you can record with pinnacle then edit in sony vegas which is easy than what your thinking

alexgiants

alexgiants

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't believe you can record from a pinnacle device in Sony Vegas, but if you can, i'm wrong. But, I wouldn't abandon Pinnacle Studio all together seeing as it does recording just fine, you just need to find good settings, and for editing you could just drag the clip you recorded in Pinnacle Studios into Vegas and edit it, which like you said, is a lot better of an editing program then Pinnacle Studio. If you need some render settings you can just ask, but I use a dazzle so it might come out with different results :/

Hope I helped :biggrin:

T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
em well nothing beats sony vegas thats for sure ..but you can record with pinnacle then edit in sony vegas which is easy than what your thinking
I don't understand those last few words but you're saying I can record in the actual sony vegas program with my pinnacle? Or are you saying that I must record with pinnacle studio then move it to sony vegas to edit?
I don't believe you can record from a pinnacle device in Sony Vegas, but if you can, i'm wrong. But, I wouldn't abandon Pinnacle Studio all together seeing as it does recording just fine, you just need to find good settings, and for editing you could just drag the clip you recorded in Pinnacle Studios into Vegas and edit it, which like you said, is a lot better of an editing program then Pinnacle Studio. If you need some render settings you can just ask, but I use a dazzle so it might come out with different results :/

Hope I helped :biggrin:
When I record with my pinnacle I have like 5 files saved with my video. When you record with your dazzle in sony vegas do you get a bunch of files?

Also only 1 of the files is runnable, and it's formatted for pinnacle studios (i have to change the format before uploading).

alexgiants

alexgiants

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First off, what version of Pinnacle Studios are you using? And if you get that many files, try recording the video as an AVI/MPEG. Are the extra files .sfk files? If they are, they are useless, they're just a temporary file made by Vegas. I think what you're doing is recording the clip, then just going "File>Save" in Pinnacle Studios, which only makes a file openable in Pinnacle Studio, basically a project file. Look on the recording panel of Pinnacle Studios, and you should try find out where it saves those clips, it should be in the videos folder on your computer. In that folder it should have the actual video file.

T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it records as an avi I'll have to check next time. I'm using version 14. I need the extra files to play the video I record or else it cannot play.

alexgiants

alexgiants

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it records as an avi I'll have to check next time. I'm using version 14. I need the extra files to play the video I record or else it cannot play.

What is the file ending of the file that actually plays? e.g .avi, .wmv, etc. Also, have you tried dragging the file that's playable into Vegas yet?

T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What is the file ending of the file that actually plays? e.g .avi, .wmv, etc. Also, have you tried dragging the file that's playable into Vegas yet?
I don't have Vegas, I made this thread to see if it's even worth getting it. Wanted to see if someone else has already tried this so I could save the money and not buy Vegas (I'd learn how to use Pinnacle Studio).

Oh, and it saves as .avi

alexgiants

alexgiants

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't have Vegas, I made this thread to see if it's even worth getting it. Wanted to see if someone else has already tried this so I could save the money and not buy Vegas (I'd learn how to use Pinnacle Studio).

Oh, and it saves as .avi

Well, if you end up buying Vegas (Or getting it in a not so legitment way), It will work with .avi files. I used to use .avi and it worked just fine. :smile:

T

Tweeboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh that's good to know, thanks! I'll probably buy Sony Vegas once I give up learning how to master Pinnacle Studios :smile:

Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry, but it doesn't work. I've contacted them before when I had the same problem. Basically they just told me that my capture card wasn't going to work with their product.

Top Bottom
Login
Register