What's new

Discussion Sony Is Talking About a Newer PS4 Model With Better Hardware

sixty4

sixty4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
2954997-ps4.jpg

Sony has been talking about releasing a new PS4 model that is to contain better hardware and use the x86 hardware that is in the PS4 to good use. Sony Computer Entertainment executive Masayasu Ito said that it is just talk, and not a confirmation of a new PlayStation 4 model.

Anyway, with a interview with Masayasu and 4Gamer, a PlayStation gaming publication in Japan, 4Gamer asked him if a new PlayStation with better hardware is on the way to ensure PlayStation still has that "Best Performing console," he responded with a potential to make a new PlayStation 4 Model with better hardware to use the x86 chip inside the PlayStation 4, however, is not on the board with the idea, and believes it can separate the PlayStation community. Many PlayStation fans believe that if Sony does this, it would be like Nintendo with the 3DS, you can't play 3DS games on older Nintendo DS's. However, Sony said it is not on the top of the list, but something to consider.

In my opinion, releasing a beefy new PS4 model that you have to buy games for and for a much higher price, it would be like a PS4.5. The 8th generation is still going on, and we don't really this, I think Sony should focus on a PS5 or a other new console, not a PS4.5.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion, releasing a beefy new PS4 model that you have to buy games for and for a much higher price, it would be like a PS4.5. The 8th generation is still going on, and we don't really this, I think Sony should focus on a PS5 or a other new console, not a PS4.5.
I see no point in Sony doing something like this if games would essentially have different versions. Not to mention, PS4's generally seem to be working fine. With the Xbox 360, the Jasper and Slim versions were a good idea as to combat RROD and other issues, but I don't see the point doing something like that with PS4.

D

Deleted member 777936

Houston, we have a problem.
Reaction score
Sin$
I see no point in Sony doing something like this if games would essentially have different versions. Not to mention, PS4's generally seem to be working fine. With the Xbox 360, the Jasper and Slim versions were a good idea as to combat RROD and other issues, but I don't see the point doing something like that with PS4.
Yes, but if we think about the 3ds, Nintendo came out with the "New 3DS", which didn't really combat any problems, it just came with hardware enhancements. Then again, the New 3DS isn't doing so hot :wink:

televisedfool

televisedfool

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I would trade my ps4 in for a newer and enhanced version. Ultra HD Blu-ray player for 4k movies and upgraded hardware to improve performance ahead of what it's already outputting is always welcome. All games would work on both systems thanks to the architecture of both systems, just the enhanced ps4 would perform better.

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

agreed, save the upgrades for the ps5. who wants a ps4 that doesn't play all ps4 games? focus on making the ps5 so much more bad *** when the time comes. i hope they learned the lesson with all the ylod after years of use though and put some good thermal paste on these consoles. i will be taking mine apart once warranty is gone

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, but if we think about the 3ds, Nintendo came out with the "New 3DS", which didn't really combat any problems, it just came with hardware enhancements. Then again, the New 3DS isn't doing so hot :wink:
It combated the horrid 3d features. When games used them they would have massive frame rate drops, and they also made it easier to use with the eye tracking 3d so that you don't need to have the system at a fixed distance and angle from your face

F

Flavour

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
If this were to ever happen (any PS4 coming out with better hardware RAM, GPU ETC.) then I'd just switch to PC, honestly. There is a reason why people buy consoles and I'd like to think one is that you don't upgrade hardware every 2-3 years. Not to mention all the ethical reasons etc. there is so many things wrong with this. I don't think I'd happen.

Top Bottom
Login
Register