What's new

Discussion Sony attempting to patch gamesharing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello I just got on Playstation 4 and my NBA 2K16 was opened I had closed it to play Black Ops 3 and now NBA 2K16 is completely removed from my title screen so I did some research and apparently Playstation is trying to PATCH gamesharing completely and I heard from a few people gamesharing can get you banned now.

EDIT : I redownloaded all the games off my friends account and they work now. Not sure what happened

Last edited:
Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
There goes the fun.
I had 2K16 and Madden 16 from my friend and they were both removed of the title screen and I didn't delete them so they must be trying something.

One YouTuber said it is up to the game developers. So for example that means the owners of 2K don't want their game to be allowed in the gamesharing scene, as well as Madden.

I had gameshared Star Wars off my friend and it is still there so I'm not sure what is going on .

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello I just got on Playstation 4 and my NBA 2K16 was opened I had closed it to play Black Ops 3 and now NBA 2K16 is completely removed from my title screen so I did some research and apparently Playstation is trying to PATCH gamesharing completely and I heard from a few people gamesharing can get you banned now.

I logged onto my friends account and I'm currently re downloading NBA 2K16 I will update this saying if it works or not.
The person you got it from most likely refunded the game or something. There is nothing to patch. It's a legitimate feature they offer and there is no solid way for them to tell who is doing it just for games. As far as they are aware you have a second house/family somewhere and you gameshare with them which is what its for iirc

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The person you got it from most likely refunded the game or something. There is nothing to patch. It's a legitimate feature they offer and there is no solid way for them to tell who is doing it just for games. As far as they are aware you have a second house/family somewhere and you gameshare with them which is what its for iirc
I just redownloaded it and it works fine, but do you have any idea why it was removed ?
I gameshare off my friend he lives like 2 houses away and he also lost some of my games.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn, that would be annoying if they find a way.

L

l Savage Kid l

Reaction score
Sin$
my games locked up after I got bf hardline from my friend

Lisbon Lions 67

Lisbon Lions 67

クリストファー
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I gameshare BO3 with my friend and he gameshares NFS with me. Both still work

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
All of my games still work.

Cali

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea my games are back to normal now and work too. Not to sure what happened ?

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I buy all the games I like and my buddy buys ones he likes. That way if this happens it reverts. I have bought about ten to his five so no real loss if this happens.

Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Lurker
Reaction score
Sin$

What i was thinking too.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
If this is true then I am sure a lot of people will be unhappy. I know a few of my friends gameshare all the time and this would royally piss them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register