• Thread starter walkerneo
  • Start date
  • Views 206
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

walkerneo

Reaction score
I just don't seem to know what it is. Please help me. First off, if it's a virus, it's undetectable by AVG. It all started when my computer's screen went black one day for no apparent reason and I had to restart my computer twice to get the image back. Then when the image was back, the mouse wheel would scroll too fast and I wasn't able to access the control panel, so I restarted again and other things weren't working. Windows movie maker, which always worked before, would say it wasn't responding after being opened. I searched online and disabled its codecs one by one until I isolated the one that was causing the issue. Today, I was trying to import mp4's, which was working great, but then when I tried to do it again, it told me that it couldn't do it. I downloaded the k-lite codec pack and was working on a WMM project when something else happened. I had recorded a band playing with both an audio recorded and a video camera, and since the audio recorder's audio was better, I needed to sync the video and audio. I did so, and quite well too, but now when I play the whole thing, the audio gets off and on at different parts.

I know it's probably a hardware problem, but what?

edit: the video and sound output randomly cut off. I'll be doing something and the computer will stay on, but the monitor and speakers stop receiving. I'm suspecting motherboard issues based on problems with everything?

edit: malware scanner found two things. Got rid of em. the video and audio output stopped again shortly after.

C

ChiefJoboo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I only used AVG for the Google link scan-which is great. But, I recently switched to Avira(great by the way).

AVG will NOT find everything on its own. You'll have to get multiple scanners to have the best chance of getting them all, which is still not possible.

I use Avira, SuperAntiSpyware, and Malwarebytes.

I

IaMpWn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough anti-viruses?.....

C

Chaos3232

Reaction score
Download Spybot: Search and destroy. Do a search with that, immunize and that should get some of it. Maleware: Anti Maleware is very good and will most likely detect a lot. Lastly, download CCleaner. That will clear out your cache, cookies and useless crap that takes up space and could also be infected. You can also check your boot programs in it.

A

ant was here

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a new anti virus and yes ccleaner is great

A

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eset smart security 4.. Best out there.

Code:
http://eset.com.au/quick/awards.html

J

Jaywhiston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redownload your drivers for your sound card or your mobo ( Just google the computer make or motherboard make or sound card model) if that doesent work download Nod32 anitvirus from a torrent site etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom