Someone Help me PLZ

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by GameMaster0304, Nov 28, 2008 with 7 replies and 416 views.

1. GameMaster0304

GameMaster0304 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok so i had read all these diffarent tuts on creating a halo 2 racetrack so i thought i could use these tuts to make a cool halo 2 map so after about an hour of work i save the changes sign it and ftp it but when i try to load it the map will fail to load or it will load but stay on a black screen please someone help me:?

for anyone wondering im using

Insolence v1

entity alpha 1

i copy the last boss platform from the last level and the bridge from deltahalo into coagulation

i go into the itmc tag in entity copy the plasma pistol twice

the i swap plasma pistol (1) with the bridge And plasma pistol (2) with the boss platform

then i went to the scnr tag clicked on coagulation (unhandeld exception appears and does nothing ) i then Cloned chunk the tag thing with the numbers 288 next to it (another unhandeld exception appears)

i swap most weapon tags with plasma pistol (1)/(2)

i go to the sbsp tag go to the raw editor thing place my items in great places

save changes

sign map

ftp it

Fails to load or crashes with a black screen

( I even opend the map with dothalo and fixed encription...It didnt help)

Please some one help me or give me a guide to create maps like the killtrocity v2 maps:frown:

2. bolinjohnny

bolinjohnny Newbie

Ratings:
    i have the same problem with chottons containment but his worked. He made me a patch and it still didnt work but when he sent me the whole map it worked so i think it might be a patching problem.:?

3. OP
    GameMaster0304

GameMaster0304 Newbie

Ratings:
    How do you patch stuff coz i have no ida please someone help us:?

4. feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    To patch with a PPF/SPPF/XPPF use xPPF Express (tutorial included). You may have broken the map...this happens alot if your not sure what your doing, that's why you should backup your map. To get a map to load besure your resigning the map before transfering or map will fail to load, you can use Map Resigner Pro for resigning any Halo 2 map.

I didn't answer your post completly but I thought I would shed some light of a few of your problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    GameMaster0304

GameMaster0304 Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks this should help i will test it later :thumbup:

It didn't work :.( so i need some help on how to use entity alpha 1

6. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    The black screen thing will happen to me also and the only way i found to get around it was to take a clean map and clone 20 chunks before doing anything and thats the only way i can load a map with cloned chunks.

7. bolinjohnny

bolinjohnny Newbie

Ratings:
    Well when chotton sent me the sppf it didnt work, then he sent me the sppf str8 from the map on his 360 and that didnt work, but when he sent me the whole map it worked fine.I was using CMR but he might have used something else. I think its a patching problem.:S

8. OP
    GameMaster0304

GameMaster0304 Newbie

Ratings:
    i know i will make a video of my problem then i will post it up on youtube to show everyone whats happaning because i dont think im ment to get this many unhandeld exceptions:?

heres my video so you can see whats happaning to me

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3F0SIRq068"]first part of video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKe9YD_SGXQ"]second part of video[/ame]