What's new

Discussion Some unknown stuff (maybe)

mo teh pro

XEL1TE PLUMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im not going to claim any of these as new because theres always someone who has used it before. I can't leave this game alone but there is very little left

sv_clientsidebullets
This is useful if you have unlimited ammo on so you don't see the other peoples rpgs, the command resets after a certain time so binding it to a commonly used button will fix it: bind apad_up set sv_clientsidebullets 0

status
This command is used to find out what id a player in your game has (useful for kick menus)
To use it on xbox you will need to have con_minicon 1, con_miniconlines etc
Here is a pic of what it shows:
jsblg4.jpg
The numbers on the left represent the client id, clientkick *insert id here*, the black box is covering the gamertags

Here is my favorite one, g_password
Once set only people who the right password can join. So if i am hosting a game and activate g_password 123 whether it be in a bind or by typing it in using the ui_keyboard MENU_CUSTOMCLASS_KEYBOARD command , only people who have this set can join: password 123
The host uses g_password and the client uses password, using the keyboard command would allow you to set passwords on the fly without having to reinfect yourself, it would also allow clients to also type new passwords on the fly.

sv_privateClients
sv_privatePassword
This is useful too it allows you to "reserve" a spot so to speak, if set sv_privateClients 5, then your game will fill up to 13 people and no more people will be able to join. The last five spots can only be filled with people who have the password you set.
The host uses sv_privatePassword & sv_privateClients and the client will use the password dvar.

XeKiwi

XeKiwi

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Im not going to claim any of these as new because theres always someone who has used it before. I can't leave this game alone but there is very little left

sv_clientsidebullets
This is useful if you have unlimited ammo on so you don't see the other peoples rpgs, the command resets after a certain time so binding it to a commonly used button will fix it: bind apad_up set sv_clientsidebullets 0

status
This command is used to find out what id a player in your game has (useful for kick menus)
To use it on xbox you will need to have con_minicon 1, con_miniconlines etc
Here is a pic of what it shows:
jsblg4.jpg
The numbers on the left represent the client id, clientkick *insert id here*, the black box is covering the gamertags

Here is my favorite one, g_password
Once set only people who the right password can join. So if i am hosting a game and activate g_password 123 whether it be in a bind or by typing it in using the ui_keyboard MENU_CUSTOMCLASS_KEYBOARD command , only people who have this set can join: password 123
The host uses g_password and the client uses password, using the keyboard command would allow you to set passwords on the fly without having to reinfect yourself, it would also allow clients to also type new passwords on the fly.

sv_privateClients
sv_privatePassword
This is useful too it allows you to "reserve" a spot so to speak, if set sv_privateClients 5, then your game will fill up to 13 people and no more people will be able to join. The last five spots can only be filled with people who have the password you set.
The host uses sv_privatePassword & sv_privateClients and the client will use the password dvar.

Cool!

But how do you know they definitely work
You gonna need to test them all and stuff

Charmeleon

Charmeleon

Manbearpig can beat Jewpacabra in a fight
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to stop releasing this stuff lol
Why would people need to stop releasing? You're saying you'd rather keep this all to your self and have absolutely no fun with it rather than let other people know about it and have more possibilities with modding? The game has gone to sh*t anyway and there isnt gonna be a patch for it so may as well have fun while its already ruined

XeXWill

willdebeers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why would people need to stop releasing? You're saying you'd rather keep this all to your self and have absolutely no fun with it rather than let other people know about it and have more possibilities with modding? The game has gone to sh*t anyway and there isnt gonna be a patch for it so may as well have fun while its already ruined

No, I spent time trying to work out this stuff. To have it released is putting all that time to waste.

XeKiwi

XeKiwi

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
These releases are really good

How do I put the password into a option on a menu so when I press X to select it I can set the password

Top Bottom
Login
Register