• Thread starter lil BLu3 SMuRF
  • Start date
  • Views 1,788
lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, well I got a laptop, HP Pavilion dv7t. It has an Intel i7 quad-core 2820qm 2.3GHz, 8GB of ram, 640GB 7200 rpm hard drive, 2GB 6770m Radeon graphics card, so the hardware is definitely great amazing.

Now my questions are:

1) Can I install Hackintosh on a laptop?

2) For one of the requirements, I need a Mac OS X install disc. Can I just get one off of thepiratebay.org or it has to be actually bought?

3) For the USB thumb drive that is at least 8GB in space, can I just use a USB external hard drive? I would not mind formatting it cause I can just backup all the stuff on it quickly.

4) Could it be possible to dual-boot Win7 or Mac OS X on my Hackintosh? For instance, I'm running my Hackintosh and there is a .exe file I wanna launch, could there be a way to turn off the computer and boot Win7 without going through the process of making a Hackintosh again?

Those are all the questions I currently have. My biggest concerned question is #1. I am following THIS tutorial for building the Hackintosh. Thanks guys, and you shall be rewarded. :wink:

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, well I got a laptop, HP Pavilion dv7t. It has an Intel i7 quad-core 2820qm 2.3GHz, 8GB of ram, 640GB 7200 rpm hard drive, 2GB 6770m Radeon graphics card, so the hardware is definitely great amazing.

Now my questions are:

1) Can I install Hackintosh on a laptop?

2) For one of the requirements, I need a Mac OS X install disc. Can I just get one off of thepiratebay.org or it has to be actually bought?

3) For the USB thumb drive that is at least 8GB in space, can I just use a USB external hard drive? I would not mind formatting it cause I can just backup all the stuff on it quickly.

4) Could it be possible to dual-boot Win7 or Mac OS X on my Hackintosh? For instance, I'm running my Hackintosh and there is a .exe file I wanna launch, could there be a way to turn off the computer and boot Win7 without going through the process of making a Hackintosh again?

Those are all the questions I currently have. My biggest concerned question is #1. I am following THIS tutorial for building the Hackintosh. Thanks guys, and you shall be rewarded. :wink:

if i were you i would just use iboot, and then once it is installed use multibeast.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
yep... I am a noob too. I just started this today. :tongue: I'm torrenting mine, I think it will work.

iboot will let you run a retail mac os without all the hard stuff.

Multibeast just lets you have the updated version, + it just makes it better overall.

Ok, well thanks for helping! +rep'd

Note: to anyone else viewing the topics, it would be great too if you could still answer these questions!

Top Bottom
Login
Register