Solved Some Questions about Jtaged Xbox's

• Thread starter Steiner84
  • Start date
  • Views 474
S

Steiner84

Reaction score
Hi,
Before I fire off the questions i just want to say that this is by far the best forum for tutorials and information I have seen, and ive done a lot of reading (probably would of had to do a lot less if I had found this first).
I hope once I get into this that I can contribute to the site! But for now im a "noob".
Im ready to Jtag one of my repaired box's, ive checked its hackable and im not really concerned about the install process (I have a background in electronics too which helps).

There are a few questions i cant seem to answer, and its more about the functionality of the box after Jtag install:

1. Dashboard updates - I see a lot of people upgrade the dashboard version using USB stick once jtag is installed. My question is, if I have an Jtag xbox online (but not with an xbox live account) will a recent dash update brick the machine or ruin its functionality atall? I want it online for freestyle dash basically.

2. freestyle dash - I see that it allows updates (at least the preview of V2 does) and online content. How is this achieved without the normal dash updating the dasboard version or blocking the console from live? Can you delete your wireless settings from normal dash, and just have them saved on freestyledash only...?

3. I may use Xecuter QSB's and the Nand-x, as i may do this for some friends that would like it. Where is the best place to buy them in the UK?

4. Has V2 of freestyle dash been released?

5. Are there any plans to hack or instances of downgrading xbox's that have had the fateful update that is unhackable? Just curious if its being worked on, or if it is literally impossible. I read somewhere about a "timed attack" on the nand, but it could be a load of pants.

6. Finally if an xbox is banned, is it purely CPU key, serial number and xbox live account related? or will my home IP address be monitored/cursed for my legit Xbox?

Microsoft putting my IP address on a naughty list is like the eye of Sauron watching you!

Thanks for your time!
Abuse for being a noob is welcome. :lol:

L

LazyGamerJc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) If you use freeboot it ia=s alreaydon the best dashboard so you wont have to worry. As for XBR Im not sure
2)IDK
3)IDK
4)No
5) impossible because the update blows an efuse which stops the hack.
6)It bans the console,not your IP or anything.

Srry bout 2+3 but IDK bout freestyle dash or the UK sellers

S

Steiner84

Reaction score
Thanks for that. So what happens if you let xbox live update a hacked dashboard? Once the hack is enabled, does it matter that the fuse is blown?
Sorry about all the questions, just dont want to go through the install then knacker it doing something stupid.

Will prob just keep it offline. I know I can use the computer to add game updates etc anyway.

L

LazyGamerJc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it shouldnt since youll be on a rebooter that will already be on the latest dash.

Top Bottom