• Thread starter Jamie
  • Start date
  • Views 940
Jamie

Jamie

JOLO (Jamie Only Lives Once)
Retired
Reaction score
A member named don't riot. try it. » decided to ask 5 questions, all of which were answered by Vahn. The questions included whether there would be a bigger variety of weapons and gadgets, whether fixings bugs or adding features took priority, if there will be a bigger variety of game modes and when a Multiplayer video will arrive.

It depends on how you define gadget and what you mean by that. I would say that the simplest answer I could give is we have a similar number of overall weapons to previous games, but that our gadget count is way, way up.

At this stage of development, a lot of work goes into polishing the game. We are finalizing the user-interface controls for features, pimping out the art work on the weapons with new shaders, fixing anything that seems over or under-sized for that it is. That type of thing.

We are always fixing bugs as we go during the development. We are not quite to the point of the project where "all" we do is fix bugs, but we are coming up on it soon. That count-down clock may say 100:nn:nn:nn for you, but our clock is less than that.

We stopped adding "features" about a month ago, but several features are still getting "re-worked."

This is a tough one to explain without an example. And, as you know, I can't get get that deep into it. After the game comes out ask me again to explain what happened to a feature that got "re-worked" with 100 days to ship and I'll remember we had this conversation and I'll then be able to talk about.

I can't answer this question without getting myself into trouble with the boss man.

We've done several new things in this general area that nobody has guessed at yet. At least two of those are directly inspired by this community and the hundreds of contributions you make every day.

As some of you have witnessed, I gave my own right foot for the cause. I'm sure we will release footage when the time is right. We are aware that for the hardest core of you, that means yesterday.

In a separate topic regarding the assist system » Vahn gave a slight hint that they would be keeping the same assist system that was in World at War due to them being "satisfied" with the system they had. This is the same system that they designed for World at War after listening to feedback from Call of Duty 4.

The past few weeks have been very frustrating for those desperate to hear details regarding Multiplayer, but Josh Olin has assured us » that they have a master plan and it will be worth the wait.

Believe it or not, we do have a master plan revolving around when we reveal what details. No matter how many forum threads surface about it, it won't make that schedule go any faster.

That said, the team is bursting at the seams to tell you about Multiplayer, but it's important we stick to the plan... Rest assured, you'll learn everything you'll need to know about MP well before the game releases, to help you make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase Black Ops come November.

... I'm betting you'll pre-order it immediately after you see what we reveal in the coming weeks and months!

Look, I'd hate to spoil the surprise... When it hits you, it should be like a sack of bricks to the face =D (but in a good way). I don't think anybody has a clue just how much Treyarch has coming in the way of Multiplayer, and that should make for quite the pleasant surprise when we do reveal. The important takeaway here is, if we make our reveal too early, it will give you too much time wanting to get your hands on what we just showed you. At least now, you don't fully realize what you have to wait until November 9th for. Once you do know what's in store, the wait is just going to be that much more torturous....

And last but certainly not least...the ever so popular 'Will there be a Beta?' question. It's quite clear that the community want a beta, but for 'fun' purposes or 'testing' purposes? A beta has lost its meaning in recent years as the majority of beta testers use it only for fun purposes which often make setting up and maintaining a beta a waste of time.

That said, I personally think that when you make one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) Multiplayer games then you NEED a beta. There's been plenty of Black Ops beta scams surrounding the web along with the 'supposed' leaked codes » but Josh has acted quick to assure us no codes have been generated and no beta has yet been announced.

Original Source

Well There you go Black Ops sounds like its going to be a very good and polished game when it releases in 97days 03hrs 53mins. Can't Wait :biggrin:

LaH x MaH

LaH x MaH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97hrs 08hrs 46mins?

Asphyxia

Asphyxia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to go preorder it right now, I'm so stoked for them to reveal MP. I just hope its not overhyped like some similar titles :lol:

Ooh Soo STEEZY

Ooh Soo STEEZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea i really really really hope it isnt over hyped but by this point i dont think any duty can get worse than mw2... sorry infinity ward but that just sucked... i hated it. over hyped and it wasn't nearly as good as duty 4... can't wait for MP in that... it sounds sick!

X

XxJoRgEMoDzxX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i need to Pre-Order it, it seems like i will be lined up on GameStop at night the day of the release waiting for my fresh copy. :smile:

What are you guys playing first? Campaign or Multiplayer?

P

Potoky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God the wait is killing me. Atleast reach will come out to distract me.

Top Bottom