What's new

Solved [SOLVED] Jasper RGH1 | Boots Xell first try but does not boot with flashed nand

• Thread starter hans847
  • Start date
  • Views 1,169
H

hans847

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello i was trying to rgh 1 my jasper 16mb xbox 360 dashboard 13599..
I have coolrunner rev c with multi cap addon..
I have dumped original nand... wrote new ecc to it.. and installed the coolrunner with a normal cpu reset cable (no shielded one?)
So xell is booting first try and i got the CPU and DVD key message.. but then i created new nand image and flashed it with j programmer and i tried flashing the nand with xell.. both works fine.. but it is not booting...
on my coolrunner: the jumpers: the default settings do have a resistor on it.. do i need to remove them and bridge them or is a resistor okay?
what could i do to fix this?
please help :smile:

EDIT: See how i solved it below :smile:

Last edited:
Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be getting the CPU Key not the DVD Key, if you put the DVD Key in, it will not boot.

Also, the best thing for a jasper is to update it to the newest dashboard and make it an RGH 1.2

Last edited:
H

hans847

Reaction score
Sin$
You should be getting the CPU Key not the DVD Key, if you put the DVD Key in, it will not boot.

Also, the best thing for a jasper is to update it to the newest dashboard and make it an RGH 1.2
Checked again and pretty sure i used the correct CPU key and there are no typos...

I thought RGH1 has better boot times?

Do you know if need to desolder the transistor on the jumpers ?

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
RGH 1.2 are more stable and can easily get instaboots. I don't know about rgh 1.0 because everyone uses 1.2 now.

PolarMrjooby

PolarMrjooby

Reaction score
Sin$
I am having the same issue i’m using a Jasper 256mb 13146 a coolrunner rev c without the add ons but have 1-2 closed 2-3 closed and cap is closed because it’s a jasper. The coolrunner has been manually programmed through j-runner using RGH 1 jasper.xsvf timing file. I have wrote the hacked image to the nand and am able to boot into xell (3-8 seconds)via eject button but will not boot in dashboard.

Im not quite sure what the problem is but any help to hopefully solve this is always much appreciated. :smile:

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Once again, updating the console to 17544 and doing an RGH 1.2 (You can still use the Rev. C) is the best option. RGH 1.2 is a combination of RGH 1 and RGH 2 to work better on phats. You can get instant boot times with this method. Another option is the R-JTAG.

H

hans847

Reaction score
Sin$
Once again, updating the console to 17544 and doing an RGH 1.2 (You can still use the Rev. C) is the best option. RGH 1.2 is a combination of RGH 1 and RGH 2 to work better on phats. You can get instant boot times with this method. Another option is the R-JTAG.
Ok thank you...
I didnt know there are RGH1, RGH1.2 AND RGH2... i thought RGH2 is RGH1.2...
So thank you i will try it out..
I think I will use this tutorial...
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...get-a-cr4-like-experience-phats-only.1349194/

PolarMrjooby

PolarMrjooby

Reaction score
Sin$
How would I go about updating to 17544 if im on 13146 and I can’t boot into the dashboard but can run xell

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
How would I go about updating to 17544 if im on 13146 and I can’t boot into the dashboard but can run xell

Flash back to stock nand and remove the 5v (or 3.3v) wire from the rev c. and boot the console. At this point either connect to the internet and download the update that way or download the official update file from xbox.com.

H

hans847

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I solved it.. without going with rgh1.2...
Xell booted fine so i thought it need to be the new nand image...
so i tried a few things.. i tried 13599 db and 13604 db.. i used and "additional pack" i downloaded somewhere.. so i can select the correct dashboard in jrunner.. but it would not work... so i thought maybe these packs do not work.. so i selected the lowest db possible 16747... and created and flashed the nand... and here we go.. instant boot into dashboard... now i am on dashboard 16747 (without updating only flashing nand?) with new design,... but it works like a charm, and it boots instant every time :tongue:

PolarMrjooby

PolarMrjooby

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I solved it.. without going with rgh1.2...
Xell booted fine so i thought it need to be the new nand image...
so i tried a few things.. i tried 13599 db and 13604 db.. i used and "additional pack" i downloaded somewhere.. so i can select the correct dashboard in jrunner.. but it would not work... so i thought maybe these packs do not work.. so i selected the lowest db possible 16747... and created and flashed the nand... and here we go.. instant boot into dashboard... now i am on dashboard 16747 (without updating only flashing nand?) with new design,... but it works like a charm, and it boots instant every time :tongue:
hans847 THANK YOU for posting this! I appreciate it my situation is identical to yours

Top Bottom
Login
Register