• Thread starter Txmahiro
  • Start date
  • Views 6,154
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im having issues with gta online since yesterday at 12pm. I couldn't get online till now. It shows me an error "rockstar is unavailable" and "files are need to start gta online"... Im not sure if rockstar is working on something or im probably banned due to glitches. Because its really wierd... my friends can get online but i can't, and also I'm having a good connection... Any help to solve this problem?

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Couple of questions:
  • PS4?
  • Xbox One?
If you are using PS4 there was a recent system software update that if ignored will leave you signed out of PSN.
You will need to update before you can access GTA online. A similar issue would arise on Xbox as well.

If you were banned from GTA you would get a message saying so.
As far as I know no one has been banned from GTA online for simply doing glitches in the history of the game.

In addition please familiarize yourself with the GTA Support sub forum as that is where this post belongs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Couple of questions:
  • PS4?
  • Xbox One?
If you are using PS4 there was a recent system software update that if ignored will leave you signed out of PSN.
You will need to update before you can access GTA online. A similar issue would arise on Xbox as well.

If you were banned from GTA you would get a message saying so.
As far as I know no one has been banned from GTA online for doing glitches in the history of the game.

In addition please familiarize yourself with the GTA Support sub forum as that is where this post belongs.
Im on ps4. And I have updated my ps4 to the latest firmware and when i started gta online the next day, i couldn't acess online

Try to reset your cache
I tried it by spamming R1 and R2 back and forth but still didnt work :frown:

Upvote 0
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Im

Im on ps4. And I have updated my ps4 to the latest firmware and when i started gta online the next day, i couldn't access online
  • Have you been using a modded save?
  • If so is it the first save that loads into story mode?
If the answer to those questions is yes you will need to load a “clean” save and then make that the first save that loads when GTA initializes.

Clearing your cache:
  • Hold R1 and R2 from the time the glass breaks and the sirens start until the the initial loading screen starts.
  • You will be asked to adjust the brightness and contrast. Accept the settings and your cache will be cleared.

Upvote 0
Shaggie821

Shaggie821

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on ps4. And I have updated my ps4 to the latest firmware and when i started gta online the next day, i couldn't acess online

I tried it by spamming R1 and R2 back and forth but still didnt work :frown:

Just hold R1 after girl splash screen starting GTA V until u get calibration screen. Then story go online.

Upvote 0
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
  • Have you been using a modded save?
  • If so is it the first save that loads into story mode?
If the answer to those questions is yes you will need to load a “clean” save and then make that the first save that loads when GTA initializes.

Clearing your cache:
  • Hold R1 and R2 from the time the glass breaks and the sirens start until the the initial loading screen starts.
  • You will be asked to adjust the brightness and contrast. Accept the settings and your cache will be cleared.
I did that too, I clear cache in gta online and still i couldn't access online :frown:

Just hold R1 after girl splash screen starting GTA V until u get calibration screen. Then story go online.
Still don't work :frown:

Upvote 0
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I did that too, I clear cache in gta online and still i couldn't access online :frown:

Still don't work :frown:
You may have an issue with your router.
Are you using a wireless connection or LAN?
You may need to reset your router or setup your network on PS4 again.
  • Go to internet settings on PS4
  • Go to setup network
  • Re-Setup your network
  • Test your network
  • Restart your PS4
All services are in working order on Rockstar servers.
For future reference here is where you can check server status:
https://support.rockstargames.com/servicestatus

Upvote 0
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You may have an issue with your router.
Are you using a wireless connection or LAN?
You may need to reset your router or setup your network on PS4 again.
  • Go to internet settings on PS4
  • Go to setup network
  • Re-Setup your network
  • Test your network
  • Restart your PS4
All services are in working order on Rockstar servers.
For future reference here is where you can check server status:
https://support.rockstargames.com/servicestatus
Im really thankful for your support :smile:

Upvote 0
SMGLR

SMGLR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What i did instead is to delete gta and re install the update

You dont need to del gta5, but it’s fine.

Your issue isnt gta, your issue is PS4 update. Maybe it will be fixed by chancec, but i faced this recently, and what i did is deleting my PS4 account(profile from settings) and re-added it, then cleared cache for gta. And worked well.

Upvote 0
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You dont need to del gta5, but it’s fine.

Your issue isnt gta, your issue is PS4 update. Maybe it will be fixed by chancec, but i faced this recently, and what i did is deleting my PS4 account(profile from settings) and re-added it, then cleared cache for gta. And worked well.
Oh okay i never know about this easy way... the next time it happens, ill delete my profile and sign in again :smile:

Upvote 0
D_KTR

D_KTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im having issues with gta online since yesterday at 12pm. I couldn't get online till now. It shows me an error "rockstar is unavailable" and "files are need to start gta online"... Im not sure if rockstar is working on something or im probably banned due to glitches. Because its really wierd... my friends can get online but i can't, and also I'm having a good connection... Any help to solve this problem?
Did you do the TP glitch?
If so, here are some things that can help you without messing up your TP.

Go story mode / change your targeting mode to free-aim / Session invitation only / and online, find new session. If not, repeat all steps but clear the cache before ... (L1 + R1)

Upvote 0
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you do the TP glitch?
If so, here are some things that can help you without messing up your TP.

Go story mode / change your targeting mode to free-aim / Session invitation only / and online, find new session. If not, repeat all steps but clear the cache before ... (L1 + R1)
I tried it, still dont work :frown:

I really dont understand whats going on with my game :frown: for the first time this errors happens... I haven't played Gta Online till now :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
M

MarloweXMarleyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really dont understand whats going on with my game :frown: for the first time this errors happens... I haven't played Gta Online till now :frown:

So youre gettin an error screen when you load into lobby? I wa getting that for like an hr str8 yesterday after i got home.. Try this from story mode. Hit pause menu, online and join crew members.. You should get an error screen if youre not in a crew with active members online.. Acccept it.. And then trt to go back online to a public session.. It fixed my issue atleast

Upvote 0
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So youre gettin an error screen when you load into lobby? I wa getting that for like an hr str8 yesterday after i got home.. Try this from story mode. Hit pause menu, online and join crew members.. You should get an error screen if youre not in a crew with active members online.. Acccept it.. And then trt to go back online to a public session.. It fixed my issue atleast
So im going to hit pause then join crew with none of the members active then accept it and it will automatically bring me back online in public?

Upvote 0
M

MarloweXMarleyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So im going to hit pause then join crew with none of the members active then accept it and it will automatically bring me back online in public?
You will get the error of the no crew members non compatible session.. Hit x to join a new session. It should take you to an online session without erroring out

Upvote 0
Txmahiro

Txmahiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You will get the error of the no crew members non compatible session.. Hit x to join a new session. It should take you to an online session without erroring out
The "join crew session" is greyed out that didn't let me click it :frown:

This is so weird. Not only i cant access gta online. Even socialclub and ifruit app didnt work too :frown:

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register