Results are only viewable after voting.
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you sometimes have trouble joining games? For example, you join a game and it puts you into a game by yourself and then you try to join a new session and it tells you "There has been an error joining GTA Online". Well I believe I have the solution for you (I did not make this solution) and it's really simple.

All you have to do is clear your system cache. Whether you are on PlayStation or Xbox, clearing your cache should fix your issue. I was having issues and when I cleared my cache I was put into a full GTA Online game.

Here's how you clear your cache based on console:
  1. Press the Guide button, scroll to the Settings tab and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight a storage device and press Y button. Please note that no matter which storage device you select, this process will clear the cache on all storage devices.
  4. Select Clear System Cache, then select Yes to confirm.
  1. Scroll to the Game tab of the XMB and select Game Data Utility.
  2. Open the folder to populate the Game Data list.
  3. Select the Game Data list of the title that you wish to delete and press the Triangle button.
  4. Select Delete, then confirm to remove the game data.
  5. Once you have deleted the cache data you will then be prompted to re-install the missing data the next time you play the game.
  1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.
  3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
  4. Plug the power cable back into the console.
  5. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  6. Turn on the console using the power button.
  1. Open the Settings menu at the top of the dashboard.
  2. Select Application Saved Data Management.
  3. Select Saved Data in System Storage in the Application Saved Data Management menu.
  4. Select Delete.
  5. Choose a game to access the game’s saved data.
From here, select items from the list of games to delete. Open the Options menu to sort or to view more information about a file.

I hope this is an actual solution because I know I run into issues joining games online quite a lot and I have good internet, so it's not that.

IvIDoomIvI

IvIDoomIvI

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm avoid me reputation so sadly this won't help me unless it helps me find other avoid me players

T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
On Xbox One I've had luck clearing Mac address.

Hit Xbox guide button. > settings > network > advanced settings > clear Mac address > yes

It will restart console, works for me nearly every time. Didn't know about the method you posted, will give it a try if clearing Mac ever fails me.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When i just got my ps4 and gta5 i was searching threads and posting on forums just to find out why i could never join a session/lagged out within minutes of joining. I found a way

A while back i was playing gta and got an invite from a friend i was in party with, to do a heist.
Couldn't join 4 times in a row, kept saying timed out loading session or some crap.

Then i remembered that i went into Rest Mode the night before, then booted up and started GTA the day after. Also i remembered that i didn't enter a single full session before accepting the heist invite.

So i did what i used to do back then; i rebooted my PS4, and i could immediately join.

Also might be a good way to get into empty sessions for CEO stuff. Rest mode works flawless for me xD

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
When i just got my ps4 and gta5 i was searching threads and posting on forums just to find out why i could never join a session/lagged out within minutes of joining. I found a way

A while back i was playing gta and got an invite from a friend i was in party with, to do a heist.
Couldn't join 4 times in a row, kept saying timed out loading session or some crap.

Then i remembered that i went into Rest Mode the night before, then booted up and started GTA the day after. Also i remembered that i didn't enter a single full session before accepting the heist invite.

So i did what i used to do back then; i rebooted my PS4, and i could immediately join.

Also might be a good way to get into empty sessions for CEO stuff. Rest mode works flawless for me xD
Xbox One does the same thing. If I put my Xbox into sleep mode while in a GTA Online game and turn my Xbox on at a later point, it won't let me join games.

These solutions are for when you've been playing GTA for hours with no problems and then suddenly have issues joining games.

Berzerker69

Berzerker69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've had this problem since xbox one version came out. I remember having no problems really on 360 after the first month or so of launch for 360. I've always wondered just because I have the usual problem of joining my friends and it says player no longer in session or time out.i wonder if the friends/ follower system for Xbox one messes with gta online. If you think about it most people have more followers than friends and gta is supposed to find sessions with friends, crew members ect. Well your followers don't show up on your friends list if u don't add them and over time u can accumulate a lot of followers. So gta tries to connect your followers to you, your friends and crew members to you and them.

Honestly I have no idea if that's even close to right why I feel like xbox one feels worse for me than 360s online for gta or if it's the fact of having 30 people on Xbox one just makes it more of a connection nightmare.

Yes just hard reseting the xbox works for me when I run into these issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register