• Thread starter Gummby
  • Start date
  • Views 30,966
Gummby

Gummby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a solo alternative method to obtain a Merryweather Mesa Security Vehicle. I am aware that it is easier to obtain a Mesa through online gameplay - by calling Merryweather Security on someone, or having Merryweather Security called on you.

This is an alternative way of doing it yourself in either a 'Solo Session' or 'Invite Only' session.

I did this using PS3 - Patch 1.19.

Spawn Location of Merryweather Mesa Security Vehicle:​

35SuFtV.jpg

Step 1:

Head to the Military Base location located on the map shown above.

Right around nightfall a 'Gang Attack' side mission will emerge.

3y2s2g7.jpg

YnKI0h4.jpg

Step 2:

Initiate 'Gang Attack'. The attack will spawn the Mesa vehicles that Merryweather Security provides with its personnel.

I park my personal vehicle almost out of range of the attack, and snipe all the Merryweather Security personnel. Avoiding any heavy damage from Merryweather.

iQFVWmA.jpg

Step 3:

Defeat Merryweather - and collect the Mesa.

Method To Store The Merryweather Mesa Security Vehicle:​

ewIuMl3.jpg

Example:

If you drive the Merryweather Mesa Security Vehicle straight to your garage - you will notice that you cannot store the vehicle in your garage.

I have a way around this - and I must say that the method isn't new by any means. The area where I do this has a high success rate. But, you are more than free to try it in other locations.

5FPkv7D.jpg

Step 1:

Head to the Race location in Little Seoul known as 'The First Corporation' located on the map shown above.

Note: It is right down the street from the Weazel Plaza.

YltZM43.jpg

Step 2:

Park your Mesa in the blue circle of the 'The First Corporation' race. Make sure to park the Mesa inside the blue circle. As shown in the picture above.

Jh42P3i.jpg

Step 3:

Step out of your Mesa to initiate the 'The First Corporation' race.

1Dpcmtr.jpg

It should bring you to a preparation menu.

gQSha3A.jpg

Step 4:

Back out of the race.

ixKGi8a.jpg

After backing out of the race - it should bring you back to the game in progress - and should spawn your Mesa a little down the street. As shown above.

Note: This is not a guarantee that this always works - but my success rate is very high. It's GTA V - there is always a chance of failure.

E79Z1Io.jpg

RsFqS7K.jpg

Step 5:

Drive it home, and see if you have succeeded.

You are now the proud owner of a Merryweather Mesa Security Vehicle. You did it all by yourself. Your parents would be so proud...

Try it with other unstorable vehicles, and let me know if anything works.

Game on my friends...

Inspiration And Nod For Trying This Method:​

GTA V Online - Three Different Ways to get a Merryweather Jeep - Canis Mesa (GTA 5 Online 1.10)

GreyleafGamer

XxStevieLad87xX "Store Rare Vehicles" The Merryweather Jeep! Patch 1.22 (GTA 5 Gameplay)

The only YouTuber to give recognition for this method. Thank you. It's a rare thing to happen anymore. It's very appreciated.​

Last edited:
DamageSource

DamageSource

I don't know what I'm doing..
10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn all the good glitches are on last gen :frown: I'm gonna try this when I get home but I'm guessing this is last gen only.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
is this jeep different than the one you can get when you call in an assassination on someone and then kill the assassins? That jeep was storable.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
well, if this works to store an un-storable vehicle, it stands to reason it would work on others. Anyone able to try other vehicles yet?

Gummby

Gummby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
is this jeep different than the one you can get when you call in an assassination on someone and then kill the assassins? That jeep was storable.

You are correct - it is the same vehicle, and the method of killing the mercenaries is a lot quicker. And I haven't tried it with other vehicles yet. The armored Police Swat Van is next.

If you try it with others. Let us know the outcome. Thank you

Sinestro

Sinestro

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reaction score
Sin$
This didn't work with the mule, so maybe this only works for the mesa.

B

bluefrog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys I noticed this still works with gang attack cars a few patches ago, it does not work with mission cars. I haven't tried it on ps4 but works like a charm on ps3. I thought when i found it that you have to do the blue circle a long distance from the gang attack but that maybe my imagination.

B

bluefrog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is storable but cars placed into missions scenarios are not, neither are gang attack cars but this method respawns the cars and the respawn becomes storable. It only works on cars placed in gang attacks though, not missions.

Gummby

Gummby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a 'Gang Attack' side mission out in Trevor territory (Next to the Satellite Dishes) where the Burrito Gang Van comes in - similar to the Mercenary 'Gang Attack' side mission by the military base. But, I have not been able to successfully spawn the Van back into game play - after using the race circle method. I haven't used the 'The First Corporation' race yet. Will give that a try.

dammooo

dammooo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
working on ps4, just done it exactly as steps shown, and spawned back outta job with my voltic personal car on left, and mesa a bit up road, straight into customs and trackered it, thanks for the post Gummby, i really wanted one of these on my ps4 :smile:

Last edited:
Gummby

Gummby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
working on ps4, just done it exactly as steps shown, and spawned back outta job with my voltic personal car on left, and mesa a bit up road, straight into customs and trackered it, thanks for the post Gummby, i really wanted one of these on my ps4 :smile:

Excellent! Good to hear...

Gummby

Gummby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wut ? but i thought the mesa was storeable.

It is - when you are online using the phone to call up the mercenaries, or when they are called on you. That is storable.

This is a solo method. Taking a side mission vehicle, that is un-storable.

Top Bottom
Login
Register