1. Data Breach Warning!

In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large data breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!

You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!

Please also ensure that Two-Step Verification is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSins account here!
    Dismiss Notice

soldering question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Z89, Feb 3, 2010 with 4 replies and 265 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z89

Z89 Xbox Modification/Repair Master

Ratings:
    okay im soldering my jtag right now and there are certain points where i can push the wire through the motherboard and solder it to it and at other points there is a silver circle inside the copper outer ring.

Do i just solder the wire directly onto the silver thing or do i do something different?

Thanks in advance

o yea and is it okay if i use 18-gauge hookup wire type AWM when jtagging or do u recommend another type?

2. DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just make sure its soldered to the point doesnt matter how ;]

• Like Like x 1
  3. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    as for wire, anything conductive goes. Soldering the wires directly into the silver ports is required, because otherwise you will most likely get read/write errors if the wires are all ghetto and not soldered directly in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    Z89

Z89 Xbox Modification/Repair Master

Ratings:
    but at some points theres no place to punch it into the ports does that mean i have to push it until it pops of or the wire goes through?

5. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    The wire doesn't necessarily need to "poke through" the circuit card. As long as it gets soldered(connected) to where it needs to make contact with, it will be fine.

• Like Like x 1