soldering question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Z89, Feb 3, 2010 with 4 replies and 254 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z89

Z89 Xbox Modification/Repair Master

Ratings:
    okay im soldering my jtag right now and there are certain points where i can push the wire through the motherboard and solder it to it and at other points there is a silver circle inside the copper outer ring.

Do i just solder the wire directly onto the silver thing or do i do something different?

Thanks in advance

o yea and is it okay if i use 18-gauge hookup wire type AWM when jtagging or do u recommend another type?

2. DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just make sure its soldered to the point doesnt matter how ;]

• Like Like x 1
  3. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    as for wire, anything conductive goes. Soldering the wires directly into the silver ports is required, because otherwise you will most likely get read/write errors if the wires are all ghetto and not soldered directly in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    Z89

Z89 Xbox Modification/Repair Master

Ratings:
    but at some points theres no place to punch it into the ports does that mean i have to push it until it pops of or the wire goes through?

5. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    The wire doesn't necessarily need to "poke through" the circuit card. As long as it gets soldered(connected) to where it needs to make contact with, it will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.