What's new

Solved Soldering Custom RoL (Simple Question)

B

Bwpz

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I just had a quick question, I noticed that on the RoL there are 4 on the outside, and 1 on the inside (well, no duh). But the one on the inside is smaller. Does it matter if I replace it with a 0603, will it work?

Thanks to the person who helps =]

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You replace all of them with 0603 smd's The middle one is actually a 0603 smd the others ones are different i just dont know the name.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe the outside ones are actually larger than 603's (maybe 805) since they have 2 seperate lights and 3 pins. Now the center one should just be a standard 0603, so it could be replaced with either a 603 or 805.

Bwpz said:
Aww man, I was hoping they were all that big xD

Damn

QFT, That's what SHE said.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if possible, see if you can find those 3-pin ones (i cant remember the name for the life of me), but ya those will do just fine. However, why green? If you're going with a custom ROL, choose a colour that's not already in use by said ROL, lmao.

Modified

Modified

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Haxalot88 said:
Well if possible, see if you can find those 3-pin ones (i cant remember the name for the life of me), but ya those will do just fine. However, why green? If you're going with a custom ROL, choose a colour that's not already in use by said ROL, lmao.
It may be a different green, it says PURE GREEN. OoOoO

Lol. I would pick blue or something.

B

Bwpz

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, the color that is used by Microsoft is yellow-ish. If you buy light kits and LED fans like I did, it doesn't match. Pure Green is the color that matches the LED light kits and whatnot.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a blue one that i don't really like. The blue ROL looks blurry to me. Green and all the other colors look nice and sharp.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
flilight said:
yeah im getting blue on my black case. itll look hot. but yea, its Pure Green
I have a premodded blue one for sale :wink:
Bwpz said:
So what would you guys advise me to do? I don't really wanna use all 0603's.

Nice sig lol.
Use 0603 on the inside and on the outside use 0805. Should work great.

Top Bottom
Login
Register