Solder Gun For 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by bradenriver64, Jan 21, 2009 with 6 replies and 312 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    I'm looking for a nice solder gun to modify my 360 with, im thinking of soldering some new LEDS in my ROL and maybe putting some new LEDS in my controllers ROL. Is there a solder gun you guys reccomend? Also how hard is it to solder. I have no expierence soldering. My friend is basically a pro at it and told me it's not that hard but I would like more opinions.

Thanks

2. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I DO NOT recommend those "Cold Heat" soldering irons, they suck soooo bad! It isn't too hard to solder, you just need to take it slow and try not to burn your finger the first time! Trust me, it hurts more then you can possibly imagine. :wink:

This is the soldering gun I use: [Click here to view the link]

It works pretty great. Comes with different attachments and some light solder but I don't think it would be good for first timers, a bit tricky to get used too.

I recommend this for novices to soldering: [Click here to view the link] :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Ok cool any tricks to soldering? I got an XCM controller shell and have to solder 3 wires, I don't wanna **** it up. Also what kind of solder.

I'm going to Radio Shack to buy it right now. Thanks

4. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Ask the guys at Radioshack about them.
    They are good about that stuff.

5. OP
    bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    I ended up not going so I will tomorrow Thanks

6. Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    People make soldering out to be harder than it is and apparently think it hurts a lot more than it does to burn yourself. I have the 15w soldering iron from radio shack and the first try soldering did all the tiny lights on my ring of light and in my controller. Its extremely easy and yes i accidentally burnt myself the first time and you'll get a nasty looking bubble that'll eventually obviously pop then just band-aid it with your choice of disinfectant.. Its nothing to really cry about. If you need any help feel free to send me a PM

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.