What's new

Support softmodding an xbox360 slim

• Thread starter L_A_M_P_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,005
L

L_A_M_P_

Reaction score
so, as i said in the presentation before, i'm tired as f***.
i'll cut it short.
i did some research on my xbox 360 slim and it turns out that it can be of 2 different versions: trinity and corona, but the thing is that this xbox has a 9.6A inlet, not 9.86 and this is pretty confusing to say the least, is it moddable in any way since the A is different from these two?

C

CeratedSuperior

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Reaction score
Firstly it can't be soft modded, you'll need a glitch chip installed. 9.6A is a Corona but there are 6 different Coronas so you'd have to investigate further to figure out which one. If you have 4GB internal MU when you look at your storage from the dashboard then it's either v2, v4, or v6.

T

TrollSA

Reaction score
Hi guys i am new to this and would like xbox360 E to be mod. Is there any videos on how to do this?

L

Loquacious_B

Reaction score
Hi guys i am new to this and would like xbox360 E to be mod. Is there any videos on how to do this?
As above, it can't be soft-modded.

For a glitch mode you'll need to determine if it's a Corona or a Winchester board in it. If it's a Corona, then determine whether it's 4GB or 16mb before modding, and follow the appropriate modding guides, of which there are many available. If it's a Winchester then you're out of luck as it can't be modded. I believe Winchesters were out in the wild after June 2014 but I'm not sure myself of the best way to identify one. Perhaps one of the resident experts could provide more insight into this? I think it may require removing the heatsink though as I think there may be a particular resistor that's unique to them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom