• Thread starter Violaremos
  • Start date
  • Views 1,240
V

Violaremos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can this still be done as of right now? I just heard there was an update or something which prevented this from working, but is this true or not? As I was considering softmodding when I go home. Also, after softmodding and burning the games to disks etc can you play the downloaded games online?

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You can still softmod a wii depending on what version your wii is. Yes you can play downloaded games online.

When you go home find out what version your wii is by:

1. Click on “Wii Options” button
  2. Click on "wii settings" button
  3. Look in the top right corner of the screen

When you find out post back here and if it is softmoddable ill find you a decent tutorial for it!

V

Violaremos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm in Spain, so by going home I meant back to my home country.. in 4 weeks xP

Just a week or two ago my Wii asked me to update, I accepted the update, but my Wii has NEVER (NEVER(ever)) been online. I use MAC Filtering so even if it tried it couldn't connect, so is this good or bad?

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh right!

Well the update must have been due to a game. I wont be sure what firmware it is or if its softmoddable until you actually check. If it is 4.3 then you will not be able to softmod it but if it is lower then you will be able to.

B

burritoboy9984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh right!

Well the update must have been due to a game. I wont be sure what firmware it is or if its softmoddable until you actually check. If it is 4.3 then you will not be able to softmod it but if it is lower then you will be able to.

This is not correct. You can currently softmod 4.3 wii's. You just need a copy of SSBB (NTSC only) or Lego Indiand Jones.

And to the OP, follow the link in my sig, and use that guide. I will be updating it to be 4.3 compatible soon.

-Erik

Top Bottom
Login
Register