What's new

Tutorial Soft Unlock For The 79, no screwdriver or soldering iron required!!!!

• Thread starter Soapy
  • Start date
  • Views 12,194
S

Soapy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe toolbox is not working for you cause your using vista. You have a XP at home?

M

matt6233

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did it on my brothers computer and it worked and he has XP. Here's the weird thing though. I saw that you had to redo the flash everytime you power off the xbox but I accidentally unplugged the xbox so I plugged it back in, put in the burned game and it still worked? Is it supposed to do that? Thanks for the help!

S

shadowbroker

Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone PLEASE help me out?

I followed the video, ejected in slax, drive seen in windows, can press eject in windows and it opens the hitachi and my drive is also F as it happens.

I use the 79unlock play the track then again just pause ect, do the command get "done!"

i then put in an original DVD open the tooltox and go to do a RAW dump naming it "original" then i get an error message telling me "Cannot read from drive"

This drive is stock. is Hitachi 79FL, I am vista 32 and have flashed other hitachi drive numbers with my OS, this the the 1st 79FL i have ever had.:?

J

jjstunts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did mt 79fl on vista, the only thing I did was run toolbox as administrator. try right click toolbox, then run as admin.

M

matt6233

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
shadowbroker said:
Can someone PLEASE help me out?

I followed the video, ejected in slax, drive seen in windows, can press eject in windows and it opens the hitachi and my drive is also F as it happens.

I use the 79unlock play the track then again just pause ect, do the command get "done!"

i then put in an original DVD open the tooltox and go to do a RAW dump naming it "original" then i get an error message telling me "Cannot read from drive"

This drive is stock. is Hitachi 79FL, I am vista 32 and have flashed other hitachi drive numbers with my OS, this the the 1st 79FL i have ever had.:?

Same thing happened to me with Vista. Flash it on a XP computer if you have one or install XP on your computer.

S

shadowbroker

Reaction score
Sin$
I sorted it and did it in Vista. was no joy with the conectivity kit at all. but if i used the xbox to power the drive it worked fine. I think what the problem was is when i restarted from slax so i could boot to windows i was leaving the sata sable in.

When I got it to work i got to slaz spinup, eject drive, NOW IN MODE B. then before you press your PC restart button take the sata cable out of the drive, then put it back in when u get your windows loading bar and press eject a few times.

Done two of them now no problem. also i used an original xbox360 game as the media that had to be original, i used this as i noticed that the drive spins faster for alot longer with a game in rather then a dvd. worked for me:thumbup:

M

matt6233

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good to hear it worked for you, I had alot of trouble on vista and then it worked on XP first try.

T

ThanosPrime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OK, OK, I've collected all I need to mod my 79FL, 360FW-Toolbox-48, 79unlock, a PC running Windows XP, I watched all the vids, an I have the nerve and tech skills to do this, but I have a SIL 3512 SATARaid controller. Will the 3512 work?