Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PrivateFlecherd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Softmod in 2019
This includes a list of games and which Platinum hits you can use to install your softmod.

By the way I didn't design the way of making this I just wrote this tutorial since I could no longer find one its very incomplete but that will be fixed soon.
Alright Im typing this up real fast for a friend that needs it.
Before we begin you need the following things
1.Action Replay for x-box
2.An x-box
3.Splinter cell SAR platinum version
4.A computer
5.FLash FXP
6.Super PPF
7.ppf-o-matic
8.Any map pack
9.CMR
10.Common Sense
Okay turn on your x-box with the disc tray open and go to the memory screen.
Now turn on your computer and go to the program that you got with action replay.
Now downlaod the following files.
Take those file dont extract them just drag them into you PC database area on your action replay software window.
Now Put one of the files onto your memory card take the memory card in your controler and tranfer the file onto your X-box Hard Drive then repeat the process with the other file.
Now you no longer need your action replay you can return it or sell it on ebay.
Okay put your splinter cell disc into the tray and start it up.
go to START then CHECKPOINTS and click on LINUX and the screen should go black then go to a different screen.
Chose CREATE MS BACKUP wait for it to finish then select INSTALL SOFTMOD wait for that to finsih then select INSTALL EVOX then chose INSTALL TO E then wait for that to finish then then take out the disc and close the disc tray this should take you to your modded dashboard if not just restart your x-box. Now select SYSTEM CONFIGURATION then SYSTEM SETTINGS this will be your most used screen select USE STATIC IP and change that to NO then go all the way down and chose SAVE AND EXIT. then return to the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION screen and select the LOCK HDD DRIVE or LOCK HARD DRIVE that will make it easier to use X-box live then restart your X-box.
Now download Flash FXP Im sorry i cant post a link to it put im in a rush.
Okay go once again into your SYSTEM SETTINGS screen and notice how it will now say DHCP instead os STATIC if not check the USE STATIC IP and make sure its on NO now take the very top IP which should be something like 192.168.1.45.
Now open up Flasp FXP and go to the top and select FILE, QUICK CONNECT insert your IP into the servers area and then in username and password use xbox in both fields then hit connect give it a few moments and if it doesn't work dont freak out it took me 15 hours for it to finally find my xbox. Now once it works select the E folder then the TDATA folder then the folder that ends in 064 then the $C folder then there should be three folders those are the folders that contain the Content Download maps which you should have if not then you should sell your xbox. now if you dont already have some modded maps then do the following open up one of the three folders and tranfer the maps which it contains to your desktop then proceed to downloading some mods from M4H and take the ppf or sppf patches and also put them on your desktop now if they are sppfs then open up Super PPF which is a program availible almost anywhere it should look like a hippy thing.
Anywho open it up once you have it and select the disc looking thing across from the words MAP FILE now once you have clicked that go to your desktop and chose one of the maps that you transfered . Then select the disc across from the words PATCH FILE and select the patch for the map that you chose which you downloaded.Then just CLick the APPLY SUPER PPF PATCH wait for it to say done! then click that and do it for every map. Then once thats all done with open CMR which you will also need to download then select the OPEN MAP button open the map which you transfered and just recently patched and select RESIGN MAP then it should say DAMN THAT WAS FAST do that with every map then once again return to Flash FXP.then go to your desktop on the left side of flash fxp and on the right side go to the place where the map is located which you are about to tranfer then right click and select transfer it should ask you to overwrite it select yes and do that to every map and make sure the map you transfering matches the map that is on your X-box and make sure it asks you to overwrite it if not then your in the wrong area and you should go the the right area.Now once your all done restart your xbox then open the disc tray it should take you back to the screen that has CREATE MS BACKUP if not turnoff your xbox then turn it on by opening your disc tray then select RESTORE MS BACKUP and then restart your xbox. Now your xbox is modded and you are basically finsished just go to SETTINGS NETWORK SETTINGS then change your IP settings to automatic and open your disc tray and put in Halo 2 and mod away.
Unsoftmodding.
What I do is re-mod my xbox go back to the SYSTEM SETTINGS screen and ftp the old maps back onto my harddrive and then I turn off my xbox and turn it back on by opening the disc tray and leaving it open then I just RESTORE MS BACKUP.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

XboxPlayer

Se7en Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
you spelled your gamertag wrong on your profile

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this written by you? Yes platinum hits does work sometimes.

D

Dem Pyros

XxMoNkEy42xX said:
Is this written by you? Yes platinum hits does work sometimes.
no........the only platinum hits that work are the specific versions that were platinum before microsoft patched the exploit

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, if you know what numbers to look for around the inside ring of the disc you can get a platinum hits to softmod with. Was that no meaning he didn't write this?

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm that you CAN mod with Platinum Hits. I did.

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
could you list the numbers on the disks so people know what to look for on the platinum disks? like on the original copy of splinter cell the numbers are US01209A-L1 Mech assult is MS02301L L1 don't know what 007 is

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Problem is, my case is Original, Disc is Platinum hits. haha

X

XboxPlayer

Se7en Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
haha when to buy splinter cell i picked the non-platinum hits one buy the guy picked the platinum hits one and i was like "HEY YOU ! I DONT WANT THE PLATINUM HITS ONE i want the non-platinum hits one" and he was like "ok is there a difference?" and i was like "YES ! and it NONE of YOUR buisness *** !" and he was"ok jeez" and i said "thanks sir have a nice day!" then i went home and modded the S#^%T out of my xbox.

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I still don't see how but I will believe you. Could someone list the numbers like I did for the normal games so they can be used in helping others?

P

PrivateFlecherd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did write this but I didnt discover the way to do it.

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
so please give us the numbers on your disk so we can help other people with modding. Just post them like I did with my two disks I had

P

PrivateFlecherd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
US01209A-L1
I think thats it Im not sure what number your asking for but thats the one on the back of the disc on the inside of the ring.

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Cool, now I and everyone knows. that that number on platnum hits will work. It's the same number as the non platinum. Thanks privateflecherd

G

gus738

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
regardless if you can still use the plat edition its best to get the non classis i mean why take your chances ? go to a few diffrent shops then if you cant find the non classic then thats a diffrent story

T

TomAss

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
but if you didn't know about softmodding and already had splinter cell laying around and it was classic. Then decide to do some research in softmodding, and realize you have to have a spacific number to look for, then you can use this info for that reason. I am not suggesting buy the plat. hits.

D

Donut06

Reaction score
Sin$
does this work with the numbers on a SC peruim hits....

US01209A-LD

but then it says the l1 thing on the other side of the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register