Soft mod help

Discussion in 'Original Xbox' started by DarkLord0912, Nov 27, 2008 with 7 replies and 454 views.

1. DarkLord0912

DarkLord0912 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well I just soft modded my xbox all was good and I was over looking things that were taking up memory that I didn't need and (I did not erase anything except some old game save} and the splinter cell linux profile game save, but not the installer, to make it short when I turn my xbox on it hangs up at the xbox logo screen???? I am able to play games only in the method of me putting the game in turning off the system and then on again I really wish I hadn't deleted that game save cuz I probably could have fixed it with splinter cell again...

I have 3 questions?

1. what do I do since I have no screen to navigat at cuz it hangs up at the logo screen?

2. Is there another way to reload anything... can I get another actual xbox memory card besides action replay and load the game save that way?

3. I didnt have the cord for ftp my xbox today so I was wondering how do I go about all this?? And what was the point of me backing up all that stuff on my hard drive If you cant get to any of that to reload any way?

Any real help would be greatly apperciated :wink:

2. x Freedom x

x Freedom x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Did you try turning on your xbox by pressing the "Open Disc Tray Button" instead of the power button.

Cause when I messed up something and it would freeze at the logo that is what I had to do.

3. OP
    DarkLord0912

DarkLord0912 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yes I have pressed the open tray button it still does nothing, I erased the linux game save is this my problem or was it when I deleted the spare lanquages besides english?

4. jockovonred

jockovonred Newbie

Ratings:
    from all the guides i've read, they all indicate the need to keep the linux save (which was used during the softmod procedure) on the hard drive.
    i've not experienced the problem you are having and have successfully modded a few xboxes (including hard drive upgrades, soldered my own usb connectors, etc) and i make sure i keep the linux save on them all.

have you tried putting the linux save back onto the system? try putting it back on and see if you experience the same problem.

5. OP
    DarkLord0912

DarkLord0912 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've tried to put the linus game save exploit back on my system however now I just get the error 21 message and I cant do anything not even load a game cant navigate the screen past the error message so what does anyone suggest?

6. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Put the save back on and turn your Xbox off. Now do as you did before to load games so you can load Splinter Cell. Now simply re-access the file on the game itself and install your modded dashboard.

Also, what do you mean you deleted the gamesave but still had the installer? You get to the installer through Splinter Cell.... it IS the gamesave.

7. OP
    DarkLord0912

DarkLord0912 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dear B-rad I wish I could do what u say but I cant load disc at all now....
    I could before now I just get the error 21 message... I still have the AID on the xbox but not the splinter cell gamesave expliot, I can't accses my dashboard to reload the game save exploit, so I cant do the reinstall the softmod options, But I did backup my important files on my xbox will hot swapping my xbox fix this problem?

8. jockovonred

jockovonred Newbie

Ratings:
    It sounds like the default dash is corrupt.
    I don't know what instructions you followed but you should have backed up the eeprom onto the memory card or to your computer via FTP.

Did you backup the eeprom?
    Did you backup the C partition?
    Can you access the xbox via FTP?

Check http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbo...ers-guide-fixing-errors-13-14-16-20-21-a.html to fix the Error 21.
    Also check http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-softmod/20179-softmod-krayzies-ndure-installer-1-1-1-a.html for softmod instructions if you didn't have them before.

Ping back to let us know how it goes.