• Thread starter Hatsune Miku
  • Start date
  • Views 3,092
Hatsune Miku

Please Spank Me

Getting There
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Me and a few friends were doing a Javelin team, I was using the SOFLAM to target enemy vehicles, and there was one thing that kept pissing me off. The SOFLAM kept locking onto vehicles that were empty, as in nobody in them. But when it locks onto empty vehicles, the red diamond doesn't show, just a red box. When it's locked onto an empty vehicle it wont allow me to lock onto anything else unless I move the SOFLAM REALLY far away from it. It's pretty annoying. Was this intended by DICE? Because I think it needs to change.

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
End of the Year 2010 End of the Year 2011 Artist
Reaction score
Previously the SOFLAM or anything that locks onto vehicles would jump from target to target, and wouldn't stick to one target long enough for you to designate/lock on. The new system is better than the old, just gotta deal with it.

Hatsune Miku

Please Spank Me

Getting There
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Previously the SOFLAM or anything that locks onto vehicles would jump from target to target, and wouldn't stick to one target long enough for you to designate/lock on. The new system is better than the old, just gotta deal with it.

So what should I do if the lock sticks to a vehicle that is empty? Because if the SOFLAM locks onto an empty one, it doesn't show up as locked for the other players.

Q

qwerewqwer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pisses me off too. i thought it was just me

a golden fishy

a golden fishy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What they should do is when you have a target highlighted, you "Fire" it and it will lock on with a Diamond. And to disengage the lock, "Fire" again, and it will return to a standard square. And it will lock to any vehicle that is closest to the center of the ridicule.

Anyone else think THIS is a good idea?

Muppet Strangler

Muppet_Strangler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just get really annoyed when people deploy a SOFLAM and just leave it there. I hear it locking on but nobody's firing missiles or anything. That's annoying too.

Kin

Kin

ロリコン
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
I never have this problem, you just have to rotate the camera else where or wait for another vehicle to pass.

Top Bottom