What's new

Discussion So Vault Hunters, what's your favorite gun this far?

• Thread starter Sparfire
  • Start date
  • Views 11,648
Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Based on all the posts so far, I can tell that the 90-10 rule applies to TPS as well (in case you don't know what it is: 90% of all the players abuse 10% of all the available gear). It's a real pity seeing that people choose to run with items like Rosie, Fragnum, or totally gibbed like Ladyfist or the Machine (not available ATM), just because they are believed to be the only ways to play the game.

Just so you guys know: it's not the only way to play TPS. Moreover, you can get a similar (in few cases I dare to suppose even better) damage output and overall efficiency with other, legit and not abused pieces of gear (maybe I'll post more of my builds someday). I know I'll be called a friggin' elitist, GBX a$$-licker or other common Internet complements, but I just want to let you guys know that.

Pistols: Tourge Slappers, Vladof Anarchists
SMGs: Bladed Fridgia, Scav SMGs
Lasers: Maliwan Blasters, Tediore Splitters, Hyperion Beams
Shotguns: Doc's Striker, Casual Flakker, Gentle Party Line, Tourge Ravagers
Sniper Rifles: Vladof Droogs, Maliwan Sniders
Rocket Launchers: any nice Scav launcher
Assault Rifles: Jakobs Gatling Guns
Grenades: Snowball, Vladof Teslas
Oz Kits: Oxidizer, Moonlight Saga, Tourge Juggernauts
Shields: Anshin Adaptive shields, Maliwan Nova shields, Pangolin Turtle shields, Avalanche
I know you have your way of playing and finding the best possible gear for your builds, which is great. Some people are not that into that way of playing, but prefer to be as OP as possible, and have fun that way. It is another great thing about Borderlands, it has room for all these play styles.

Gray Ice 13

Gray Ice 13

The Hype
Reaction score
Personally, I'm a fan of the 88 Fragnum, Zarpedon's Cyber Eagle, and the Excalibastard.

After having FAR more time to toy around in TPS, I have a few guns to add to that list. Namely: Too Scoops, Ol' Painful, Frostfire (Hey, I was a fan of the Chulainn back in BL2), and Boganella.

After having what I deem to be "Way too much f*cking time" to toy around in TPS, I have a few legendaries/uniques and a few generic weapons to add to the list.

On the legendary/unique side, I can add the Flakker (never thought I'd see that name on a "guns I like", but that thing's saved my a$$ against the Invincible Sentinel), the Mining Laser, and the Longnail to the list.

On the regular weapon side, I love a good Jakobs shotgun and a good Dahl SMG. I'm also partial to Tediore lasers and Hyperion sniper rifles.

PandoranLegend

PandoranLegend

Reaction score
Pistol-Super Shooterang for all except Nisha, preferably Cryo. For Nisha the Dastardly Maggie
Sub-Machine Gun-Rightsizing Fatale (Cryo)
Assault Rifle-Ferocious Shredifier for all except Nisha, preferably Cryo. For Nisha the Boss Hammer Buster II
Shotgun-Social Viral Marketer (Corrosive) for all except Nisha. For Nisha the Well Kept Striker
Sniper-Pacifying Pitchfork for all except Nisha , preferably Shock. For Nisha the Skookum Skullmasher
Rocket Launcher-Heap'd Badaboom (Explosive)
Lasers-Don't use em' primarily

Honorable Mentions:
Pistol-Blowfly, Zim, 88 Fragnum
Sub-Machine Gun-IVF, Hellfire, Torrent
Assault Rifle-Major Tom, Kaboom
Shotgun-Sledge's Shotty, Flakker
Sniper-Longnail, Invader, Magma
Rocket Launcher-Thingy, Cryophobia, Mongol, Nukem, Berrigan
Lasers-Excalibastard, Nine o' Cat Tails, The ZX-1, Min Min Lighter

Red Alpha

Red Alpha

Getting There
Reaction score
I haven't spent that much time in TPS yet, so I haven't tried everything. But this far there is one gun that stands out as my absolute favorite, the Boomacorn shotgun. The multi element projectiles and the awesome sound effects had me sold from the first shot. :biggrin:

What is your favorite gun/item? And what makes it so awesome?
Am I able to pick every gun?

anticon

anticon

Reaction score
because all of aurelia's cryo and critical hit buffs i'm loving the hell out of the b*tch right now. these are a few of my fav items for each character:

aurelia - fatale (b*tch), cryo bullpup
claptrap - fridgia, juicy ravager, bonus package
athena (maelstrom) - shock maliwan smg, hellfire, tesla
athena (melee) - bladed cryo probe, cryo acrobat oz kit, bladed bullpup (no sights)
jack - acrobat oz kit, vengeful anarchist, hyperion beams and blasters
wilhelm - field howitzer com, torgue spitter ar, torrent, viral marketer
nisha - peppy shooterang (dahl grip and sights), quasar

Deadzz

Deadzz

Reaction score
I am enjoying using the ZX-1 laser rifle with Nishas kill skill, that 100% accuracy and the high fire rate that is combined with the double shot chance after reaload is really fun

P

Portal42

Reaction score
Best so far for me is the "Torrent" from the mission "Kill Meg". Currently using with aurelia with a dps build; i had no issue killing Felicity with the Torrent (shock)

Building dps with aurelia makes getting crits super op.

My Opinion :smile:

VinylicPuma3

VinylicPuma3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not my favorite but Flak the world. Give me a Flakker and a Nukem and I'll rule elpis. :smile:

HowAmI

HowAmI

Incognito
Reaction score
7KRnEBV.jpg

BravestMage707

BravestMage707

Reaction score
my favourite gun has to be the "fatale", freezing the enemies then shooting their crit spot for insane damage. :cool:

Top Bottom
Login
Register