What's new

So it's impossible to make guns like this now?

• Thread starter lnvisible
  • Start date
  • Views 898
L

lnvisible

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwKyxNt3QHE

Just got into modding Borderlands this week (I know, I missed out on everything), but if you watch that video, those guns are GOD. But it is currently impossible to make those guns now with the 1.3 patch? Or am I wrong? Just want to make sure.

N

nn04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea its definitely impossible to make those guns anymore, no more quintuple barrels, no more parts from different guns on 1 gun, no more mixing and matching basically, all the guns have to follow a set of rules. rules which can be bent, some can be broken (matrix anyone?). BLModding can help you out.

L

lnvisible

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OK, thanks for the confirmation bro.

I went to that link you clicked, the BLModding one, and I'm a bit confused on what it is really. So far I haven't created any guns myself, I have just used saves found in this section, and just migrated the guns over to my new character. I 100% know how to use WillowTree, I just haven't created a gun from scratch yet cause I'm confused on the parts and stuff because it might not work.

X

xFaTaL HiiTzZx

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, from what i've heard after the update gun modding was temporarily put on hold until someone finds another exploit but im sure if you wait a while something will come up after all the game runs on a randomizer each drop is different and is just selected from hundreds of different combinations of elemental's, damage multipliers, rarity and more.

I'm sure something will pop up soon :wink: Happy modding.

N

nn04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, weve already figured out most of the available exploits in the game, including getting guns to go up to level 80 but were still working on finding more. And if i may make a quick correction, there are over 17.5 MILLION guns in borderlands.

S

Sloth23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, weve already figured out most of the available exploits in the game, including getting guns to go up to level 80 but were still working on finding more. And if i may make a quick correction, there are over 17.5 MILLION guns in borderlands.

the sad thing is that because we are at the end of the exploits, when there is another patch, very few will be found again.

so there will always be modded guns, but each patch makes a huge blow to our community...
the scorpio will be patched no doubt.
and shredder shredder.
it will basically come down to making the perfect version of each type of gun.
like the liquid penetrator.
or a accurate double anarchy

N

nn04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i should have read what i posted before i posted it, allow me to retract the "weve already figured out most of the exploits in the game" part. I dont think we've made a dent in the things that were able to do to the game, and honestly, if another patch does come out, it will be about 2 days before someone finds a new mod.

X

xoaequitasox

Reaction score
Sin$
i should have read what i posted before i posted it, allow me to retract the "weve already figured out most of the exploits in the game" part. I dont think we've made a dent in the things that were able to do to the game, and honestly, if another patch does come out, it will be about 2 days before someone finds a new mod.

Yes but its a matter of Genius Code Writers like xander and turk, and users like us to keep the info going, dont pass all the info on so any tom, ****, or harry can get it and post it on all these other forums, 12 year olds should not be using willowtree, sorry to all you youngins, but yeah...
I got PS3 and never ever used a hex editor b4 didnt even know what it is still dont really, but it seems the potential for grateness lies there for us at this point....
or after the next patch rather!

Top Bottom
Login
Register