Not open for further replies.
Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Legendary Veteran TotM Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Spent over five hours doing the final boss for the VOG, got his health about half-way down then we would die. Every. Damn. Time. I expected the VOG to be a little challenging, but damn....guess it's all about the level/gear, even though I have three exotics, two of which are weapons and one as a chestpiece. There was some good that came out of it, though. Got an exotic rocket-launcher as well as two legendary pieces of Raid-Gear.

For the next time that I do this, what tips would you guys recommend? We had three people teleporting, the other three were to stay back and do some "damage control" to not only the boss but the aids as well. I honestly don't see where we went wrong, maybe because we were running out of ammo too quick? I don't know, but what I do know is that it shouldn't have taken THAT long to go through it all.

Destiny Destiny

Destiny

Destiny

#ZxathCheated #NeverForget
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Beginning of An Odyssey Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
We spent 5 hours total. We didn't spend 5 hours on the final boss lol

But yeah, f*ck the Vault of Glass

Modify

Modify

Active and Inactive
Glitcher Mr. Nice Guy Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Lucky you, I've played till the last boss 3 times. Still no gear drops for me, f*** this RNG bulls***.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Spent over five hours doing the final boss for the VOG, got his health about half-way down then we would die. Every. Damn. Time. I expected the VOG to be a little challenging, but damn....guess it's all about the level/gear, even though I have three exotics, two of which are weapons and one as a chestpiece. There was some good that came out of it, though. Got an exotic rocket-launcher as well as two legendary pieces of Raid-Gear.

For the next time that I do this, what tips would you guys recommend? We had three people teleporting, the other three were to stay back and do some "damage control" to not only the boss but the aids as well. I honestly don't see where we went wrong, maybe because we were running out of ammo too quick? I don't know, but what I do know is that it shouldn't have taken THAT long to go through it all.

Destiny Destiny
What level are you?

Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What level are you?
27 titan....I have a feeling that was part of my problem, but having a nearly fully upgraded legendary Auto Rifle as well as a Legendary Sniper and Exotic Rocket Launcher, I thought I was set TBH.

M

martystlouis26x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All I got was a crap legendary shotgun and a titan mark. Worse waste of time IMO.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
27 titan....I have a feeling that was part of my problem, but having a nearly fully upgraded legendary Auto Rifle as well as a Legendary Sniper and Exotic Rocket Launcher, I thought I was set TBH.

Not going in at lvl 28 means you take a 32% damage penalty to enemies just one level higher then you (i've read the lost boss has lvl 28 enemies), so while it's certainly not required for you to be lvl 28 to beat the boss, you are losing A TON of dps just being 1 lvl under.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...is_how_light_levels_affect_your_gameplay_and/

R34

R34

Aggressive
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Most people play with their friends and I would say most people aren't 28+.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do VoG at 26/27, I'm just saying you are sacrificing 32-42% of your DPS when on the last stages of VoG. Which makes it a lot harder.

R34

R34

Aggressive
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not saying it's impossible to do VoG at 26/27, I'm just saying you are sacrificing 32-42% of your DPS when on the last stages of VoG. Which makes it a lot harder.

Unless you use them for something else. We only had one 27 and we used him to attack Harps while we were aggressing.

theepk

theepk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well.. i did a mission for nexus..i believe on venus...than went to the mail place on earth...thought it would give me some legendary 2 matter fact since they came out purple encryptogram....came out to be some level 12 blue weapons...le sigh...im 24 by the way lol

Krewella

Krewella

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
We have the exact same problem. We spent 5 hours to get to the final boss and we cannot kill him! So we have up, removed each other and haven't talked since.

N

naruto69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lucky you, I've played till the last boss 3 times. Still no gear drops for me, **** this RNG bulls***.
Hahaha if you think this RNG is garbage go buy some lockboxes on Defiance :smile:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
We spent 5 hours total. We didn't spend 5 hours on the final boss lol

But yeah, f*ck the Vault of Glass
Is this why you invited me today? I had only hopped on the 360 version to help my friend with the weekly nightfall. :tongue:

C

cajungumbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my clan spent alot of time on the last boss. get about 3/4 of his health and die. i went and watched a video that explained the damage buff you get when you kill the oracles when teleported. got a routine down and stomped him lol. which im willing to bet your group is either not doing good damage control and the harpie enemies are getting you, or you are like we were and not shooting the boss while the damage buff was active.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It also helps so much to spam abilities and grenades since they pretty much recharge instantly. It does a **** ton to him, especially the trip mine from the hunter. I threw those out like it was ****ing candy. We killed him in about 5-6 teleports.

Mathematic

Mathematic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Destiny Destiny

Me and my friends have the final boss down actually beat him 2x in a row in about 20 min. However ive done the full raid 2x now and haven't gotten anything but ascendant energy a shader and a warlock bond so you're doing better than I good sir.

R

ReaSoNz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The VOG is actually incredibly easy if you have a team that can follow simple instructions. it's hard if you try and play it with randoms

Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this why you invited me today? I had only hopped on the 360 version to help my friend with the weekly nightfall. :tongue:
I thought about inviting you, but I didn't know what you were doing :tongue:
Me and my friends have the final boss down actually beat him 2x in a row in about 20 min. However ive done the full raid 2x now and haven't gotten anything but ascendant energy a shader and a warlock bond so you're doing better than I good sir.
I honestly didn't expect the drops I got, hell even getting one piece of legendary armor was a surprise to me, let alone two and an exotic RL. My friends were so pissed, though.
Not going in at lvl 28 means you take a 32% damage penalty to enemies just one level higher then you (i've read the lost boss has lvl 28 enemies), so while it's certainly not required for you to be lvl 28 to beat the boss, you are losing A TON of dps just being 1 lvl under.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...is_how_light_levels_affect_your_gameplay_and/
Wow, guess I know this for next time. Thanks for this. One level makes all the difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register