What's new

Solved So I may have lifted the RST pad (RGH 1.2; Jasper)

Dito

Dito

Irritable Genius
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any hope?

Everything was kinda working, but I realized I'd never successfully flashed a timing file onto my CR3 Lite (that JRunner is one finicky piece of software). Fixed that. Set the switch back to Run.

Power up.

I'd get a red LED but never a green, not even for a second. So I pulled the power and the RF board and started rechecking my wiring. I noticed the blue (RST) wire had popped loose. I attempted to fix it and made a mess. This is what I've got now.

BEePVmf.jpg

Before that, I'd taken pictures of my wiring, thinking they were pretty good. Here they are, including one with both blue and green still attached.

EjeGq9m.jpg

GVtmH1I.jpg

pguljbg.jpg

I didn't think the process was all that frightening. My precision tip was nice and hot so I could tack stuff in with just a quick touch, all the wires seemed to be routed as prescribed... and then I tried re-attaching Mr. Blue to his point, got a bit of a solder blob, tried to clean it up, and... poink.

So, am I hosed? Any chance there's another RST point out there somewhere? Or, if you see anything else wrong in my pictures, point it out. I can take the abuse.

Thanks (again) in advance.

M

MonsterModz316

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any hope?

Everything was kinda working, but I realized I'd never successfully flashed a timing file onto my CR3 Lite (that JRunner is one finicky piece of software). Fixed that. Set the switch back to Run.

Power up.

I'd get a red LED but never a green, not even for a second. So I pulled the power and the RF board and started rechecking my wiring. I noticed the blue (RST) wire had popped loose. I attempted to fix it and made a mess. This is what I've got now.

BEePVmf.jpg

Before that, I'd taken pictures of my wiring, thinking they were pretty good. Here they are, including one with both blue and green still attached.

EjeGq9m.jpg

GVtmH1I.jpg

pguljbg.jpg

I didn't think the process was all that frightening. My precision tip was nice and hot so I could tack stuff in with just a quick touch, all the wires seemed to be routed as prescribed... and then I tried re-attaching Mr. Blue to his point, got a bit of a solder blob, tried to clean it up, and... poink.

So, am I hosed? Any chance there's another RST point out there somewhere? Or, if you see anything else wrong in my pictures, point it out. I can take the abuse.

Well since you lifted the pad the console isn't gonna gonna boot. The only way to fix the lifted pad is fix the trace. The Console is garbage.. unless you get a professional to fix it.

NETO0214

NETO0214

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any hope?

Power up.

BEePVmf.jpg

EjeGq9m.jpg

GVtmH1I.jpg

pguljbg.jpg

I would flash original nand and see if console boots up without red ringing.

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Traces can be difficult for most, and will cause more than damage
As mentioned, write retail back, and if it boots retail, flash to LT3 and sell it

Dito

Dito

Irritable Genius
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not going to bother reselling it. I only paid $20 for it. I'll take off the Coolrunner and save the JRP for when I see another cheap Phat at a garage sale. Lesson learned. Be more careful.

Also, I gotta admit... this is hard because my eyesight isn't great. I have to wear reading glasses and I still have a hard time seeing what I'm doing. Maybe I'll save up my pennies and buy a slim and a kit with QSBs next time. Who knows. Or I save my pennies and buy the remastered Skyrim for PS4 when it comes out in the fall.

Anyway, my time here - at least in the modding sections - is about over. Thanks for all the support and guidance. I'll go check out the rest of the site now. :smile:

Thanks,

Dito

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not going to bother reselling it. I only paid $20 for it. I'll take off the Coolrunner and save the JRP for when I see another cheap Phat at a garage sale. Lesson learned. Be more careful.

Also, I gotta admit... this is hard because my eyesight isn't great. I have to wear reading glasses and I still have a hard time seeing what I'm doing. Maybe I'll save up my pennies and buy a slim and a kit with QSBs next time. Who knows. Or I save my pennies and buy the remastered Skyrim for PS4 when it comes out in the fall.

Anyway, my time here - at least in the modding sections - is about over. Thanks for all the support and guidance. I'll go check out the rest of the site now. :smile:

Thanks,

Dito
Did you write retail back to the console? Did you get it to turn on?

Dito

Dito

Irritable Genius
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you write retail back to the console? Did you get it to turn on?

I'm not going to bother. I've got a working Slim to play on. This was just a time-filling project. If I can't solder back to that point and get an RGH'd system, there's not much point. I bought it for modding. I screwed up the modding. Case closed. No offense; I appreciate the encouragement.

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not going to bother. I've got a working Slim to play on. This was just a time-filling project. If I can't solder back to that point and get an RGH'd system, there's not much point. I bought it for modding. I screwed up the modding. Case closed. No offense; I appreciate the encouragement.
Technically if console still boots retail and turns on, you can use alternate CPU_RST point on top.

Top Bottom
Login
Register