What's new

Discussion So I got my new computer today...

• Thread starter Noob Saibot
  • Start date
  • Views 2,876
Noob Saibot

KnucklesX2

Thank me later.♠
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
It's pretty amazing coming from vista,a core 2 duo E4300, and a ATI 4650.

My new one has windows 7,a 3770k and 7770 playing crysis warhead on max. It's awsome,but where do I start my epic journey as a pc gamer? I already have steam.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
What else could I possibly be referring to in a thread with the name "So I got my new computer today"...................
Seriously? The reason for acting like such a **** is why?

It seems like an okay computer. But why spend money on a Vista Duo, machine?

EDIT:..

Sigh.. Sorry, I am on the goods again and misread your post. Great boost up. Trying getting into all the MMO's. Star Wars is going to be free soon and Guild Wars is coming out. I would also get Skyrim and GTAIV. Those are must games in my opinion. Right now I am currently playing Diablo III.

WhoSaidTH4T

WhoSaidTH4T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
100? The computer?
Ohhhh I misunderstood your post. I thought the computer you play on now was the core 2 duo with vista. That is prolly worth around $100 if that. The improved version is beast ^^ haha. I would say try League of legends, minecraft, left 4 dead, GTA, COD.

WhoSaidTH4T

WhoSaidTH4T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ohhhh I misunderstood your post. I thought the computer you play on now was the core 2 duo with vista. That is prolly worth around $100 if that. The improved version is beast ^^ haha. I would say try League of legends, minecraft, left 4 dead, GTA, COD, and Combat Arms.
Srry I pressed send again and its double post :9

XsV161

XsV161

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Skyrim w/hd and post processing mods, GTA IV with icenhancer + texture mods, and BF3 on ultra.

I heard the new Batman game has great graphics too.

Also, you may want to get a better graphics card or get another 7770 and crossfire them to play the games I listed above at good FPS (depending on what resolution)

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Skyrim w/hd and post processing mods, GTA IV with icenhancer + texture mods, and BF3 on ultra.

I heard the new Batman game has great graphics too.

Also, you may want to get a better graphics card or get another 7770 and crossfire them to play the games I listed above at good FPS (depending on what resolution)
The guy just got his PC and you're already suggesting another GPU? Geez.

To the OP, your GPU is fine and can play those games at high setting's with a stable FPS. You don't need to play on Ultra to enjoy a game. Have fun with your new rig!

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The guy just got his PC and you're already suggesting another GPU? Geez.

To the OP, your GPU is fine and can play those games at high setting's with a stable FPS. You don't need to play on Ultra to enjoy a game. Have fun with your new rig!
He talks about his old rig first, and then his new one. (To the OP, that is confusing, you should change it. I did the same thing and I'm sure nearly everybody that has read this thread has.)

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reaction score
Sin$
He talks about his old rig first, and then his new one. (To the OP, that is confusing, you should change it. I did the same thing and I'm sure nearly everybody that has read this thread has.)
The guy I quoted was talking about his new PC because he even brought up the 7770.

Sumo

Sumo

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
VIP
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Odysseus' Summit 5th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems like an okay computer. But why spend money on a Vista Duo, machine?

I'm assuming he got vista from his old computer.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I already have steam.
Do you have the F2P games that are on Steam? If you don't, get on Team Fortress 2 and see why Valve and the PC trump any other publisher on any other platform.

You missed out on their Summer Sale promotion, but they have mid-week sales and if you are into buying games, you will find games less than 3 months old being offered for $40 or less.

I would suggest you get Origin also. While I hate how EA are trying so hard to compete with Steam, Star Wars: The Old Republic should be going F2P. I think it will be similar to World of Warcaft (free until, I think it was level 20) where up to a certain level, you can roam freely. Can't really complain with that.

Again, if you are into buying games, I will link you to some Indie game sites. For less than $20, you will get a game that s***s on games where the production costs are well over $10 million.

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reaction score
Sin$
He's probably had it since Vista was released and never upgraded. It's very understandable as I still have 2 laptop's in my house running on vista.

Before I bought my PC last year I was running on Vista still.

Sumo

Sumo

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
VIP
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Odysseus' Summit 5th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I know, I was talking about why even have Vista to begin with.

Oh oops, I missread what you posted. I thought by vista duo you meant a dual boot between win 7 and vista.

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Try League of Legends, it has the biggest player base ever at the moment.
Yeah I know the feeling, playing Crysis on top settings is so great :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register