What's new

Discussion So I got Black Ops 3 for free...

TheAtom

TheAtom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have no clue how this happened. Yesterday I was looking through my "ready to install" tab, and I found BO3. At first glance, I thought it was the multiplayer beta, since I was in that. But... It was the full game. I downloaded it, and it also downloaded Nuk3Town, and DLC 1. I load it up, and everything is functional. I played campaign, multiplayer, zombies, and some other stuff. I looked up to see if there was a free weekend going on, or if others had this happen to them. Nothing. If anybody wants to give some insight to this, please tell me!

MnstrAddict

MnstrAddict

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Idk if there has been a free play day or what but after reading your post I checked my 'ready to install' and infinite warfare was there, I'm downloading it now, will update when it's finished.

And I do know that I never purchased it and my buddy I gameshare with never purchased it

BloodySnip3r22

BloodySnip3r22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think this happend to everyone. It happend to my friend, and he got NBA 2k17 for free. Maybe Microsoft got generous and gave people a free game?

Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$
Not Microsoft they would give you a code via message.

High School

High School

idek
Programmer 10th Anniversary Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
This means an account that was on your Xbox owned that game, when I got my Xbox, there were tons of games in the ready to install menu, one of which was BO3.

I downloaded it and played it for a couple days, eventually it stopped letting me play it, said I needed the disc.

Inxlinx

Inxlinx

Getting There
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
More than likely if someone owned the XB1 before you had his console licenses still attached, which will allow you to play and download any games the previous owner had. Now once he transfers the license to a new xb1, then it won't work for you. Had it happen to me when I got a used console at GameStop.

Qui Gon

Qui Gon

Strongest creature on Earth
Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm sounds pretty sketchy but still pretty lucky that happened hopefully everything works out and you get to keep the game.

Jamore4

Jamore4

Reaction score
Sin$
this happens to me about a month ago I got infinite gta v and black ops 3 free so I went and turned in my games and there still working lol

ethanolvbvhvhbjb

ethanolvbvhvhbjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This kinda happens it happens in my game I was randomly playing skate 3 and some how it unlocked all? 
This kinda happens it happens in my game I was randomly playing skate 3 and some how it unlocked all?

Top Bottom
Login
Register