What's new

Solved So I got a jasper.

Beanie

Beanie

Quad up!
Reaction score
Sin$
We'll my uncle gave me a jasper that the disk tray was broke and I fixed it now I want to rgh hack it. I know it needs to be rgh 2ed. I'm just wondering do I need QSB's and I'm using the ace cafe is there any good tutorial on how to install?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
We'll my uncle gave me a jasper that the disk tray was broke and I fixed it now I want to rgh hack it. I know it needs to be rgh 2ed. I'm just wondering do I need QSB's and I'm using the ace cafe is there any good tutorial on how to install?
You don't need QSB's, but they are helpful. I'm not sure about the ace cafe specifically, but this tutorial is great for learning how to install chips:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-xbox-360-ultimate-exploit-guide.804054/

If you do choose to exploit your console, watch all of the videos in this playlist in order once you have the console in your possession with the proper hardware installed. The videos are easy-to-follow tutorials which will teach you how to set up all of the proper software and homebrew that will you ever need:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7

Beanie

Beanie

Quad up!
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need QSB's, but they are helpful. I'm not sure about the ace cafe specifically, but this tutorial is great for learning how to install chips:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-xbox-360-ultimate-exploit-guide.804054/

If you do choose to exploit your console, watch all of the videos in this playlist in order once you have the console in your possession with the proper hardware installed. The videos are easy-to-follow tutorials which will teach you how to set up all of the proper software and homebrew that will you ever need:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7
I've had a rgh for awhile I know how to do all I need I'm just wNting to try to make one myself and thanks!

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Soldering and following the instructions is the key, use plenty of flux and practice on something that doesn't matter first, your Jasper is no place to hone your soldering skills IMO. I like to go over the solder points first with a fiberglass pen to remove any varnish or tarnish, this way its easier to get a good joint. If it were me I wouldn't bother with QSB's, I think they make it more difficult for someone starting out IMO.

Using a fiberglass pen:

I would watch some soldering videos on Youtube as well like this one:

Last edited:
Beanie

Beanie

Quad up!
Reaction score
Sin$
Soldering and following the instructions is the key, use plenty of flux and practice on something that doesn't matter first, your Jasper is no place to hone your soldering skills IMO. I like to go over the solder points first with a fiberglass pen to remove any varnish or tarnish, this way its easier to get a good joint. If it were me I wouldn't bother with QSB's, I think they make it more difficult for someone starting out IMO.

Using a fiberglass pen:

I would watch some soldering videos on Youtube as well like this one:

I can't find a rjtag kit anywhere.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say try to do an rgh 1.2 or rgh2 install on it, there's no point in wasting 30-40$ on a cr4 if you already have an ace chip.
Btw, how familiar are you with the process you have to go through to rgh a console? I'm asking because there really isn't a start to finish tutorial for rgh2 or rgh1.2 with an ace chip.

Beanie

Beanie

Quad up!
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say try to do an rgh 1.2 or rgh2 install on it, there's no point in wasting 30-40$ on a cr4 if you already have an ace chip.
Btw, how familiar are you with the process you have to go through to rgh a console? I'm asking because there really isn't a start to finish tutorial for rgh2 or rgh1.2 with an ace chip.
I'm a beginner

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a beginner
Do you have any hardware other than the ace chip? Take a look at this guide for a list of things that you will need. I recommend getting the j-r programmer, but if you want to go cheap you can get a matrix nand flasher and mod it to be able to program the ace chip. In the tutorial I have linked above you'll find a basic list of the steps you need to go through to rgh a console. However, in your case you will need to use the instructions on how to read the nand and flash the ecc from a normal rgh2 guide and then switch over to a guide on how to program the ace chip and how to solder it to the board.
Here's what's available for rgh1.2 and for rgh2

Top Bottom
Login
Register