So I finally got a tranfer cable...

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by Kamikazi Kat, Jan 30, 2009 with 10 replies and 790 views.

1. Kamikazi Kat

Kamikazi Kat Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Now I'm confused how to get the modded files onto Halo3. I'm not really interested in modding, although I might look into later. For now, I just want to figure out how to get modded files from my pc to my 360. I downloaded Xplorer 360, Superaisen Reseigner, and a con hasher. Now I'm just lost as to how to use these programs, and I'm having trouble find a tutorial that explains how to use them, the ones I've seen just explain how to actually mod Halo3.

Anyone care to help? It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
  3. OP
    Kamikazi Kat

Kamikazi Kat Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Still having trouble getting it to work. When I go into Xplorer360, go to drive, and then select harddrive or memory card (I'm using a harddrive), it gives me a message saying "could not find a FATX drive to open." I also can't find or create a Halo3 folder for Xplorer360. When I click "add new folder," nothing happens.

I downloaded the resigner/rehasher you linked to, and it seemed to work well. It said the file was rehashed and resigned, but the file didn't look any different. Does it just save the changes over the file or do I have to save it as a new file?

Sorry if I sound noobish, I have no experience with this at all.

4. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    If your running vista right click and run as admin on xplorer
    Also if you have a 60GB HDD you need the newest version of xplorer [Click here to view the link]

and you dont add folders, the H3 folder is
    Partition 3/Content/Your profile/4d5307E6/0000000001

5. OP
    Kamikazi Kat

Kamikazi Kat Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The only way I'm going to get to the part where I can see all of that is when my laptop can detect the harddrive.

I'm using a 20gig harddrive, on a laptop using XP. I keep getting a message saying "could not find a FATX drive to open." I'm not really sure what this means, I'm completely lost here. The guides I've looked at on this site don't mention this message or problem coming up.

I have tired searching other places for help with the problem, and most of the guides for this seemingly widespread problem always involve going to the device manager and going down to other devices, selcting memory unit, and doing a bunch of stuff from there. I can't even find anything relating to other devices or memory unit on the list of hardware. I've tried scanning for hardware changes, and scanning the universal Serial Bus controllers for hardware changes. Nothing new is showing up.

6. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Your using a Transfer cable right? sometimes they just dont work, i had one that didnt work and so did a friend on another site

...try restarting your computer with it plugged in?

7. OP
    Kamikazi Kat

Kamikazi Kat Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've already tried that. I'm using one I got from a friend that he got with his 120gig Harddrive. I just asked him and he said the cord came with some sort of disc. Do I have to install any software with the transfer cord?

8. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    No, thats for transfering data from one HDD to another

9. mantality

mantality Newbie

Ratings:
    i am having the same problem, did you fix it?

10. Genetic Paradox

Genetic Paradox Getting There

Ratings:
  11. mantality

mantality Newbie

Ratings:
    yeh it did thanks so much mate