What's new

Discussion So did anything come of this fantastical exploit?

• Thread starter SiK GambleR
  • Start date
  • Views 1,481
Status
Not open for further replies.
SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Remember the night before the update an exploit was announced.

What ended up coming of it?

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Right now nothing, because people are bickering about whether it should be fully released and all that jazz

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
in all honesty, why the **** not? that makes no sense. "I don't wanna ruin XBL by releasing this"

bull****ing****mother****ers. just release it, you all had crazy fun with the original xbox hacking scene. ****. And I mean currently it's not able to go online, so what's the problem. maybe a whole 5 people will try to get it online, and fail.

S

Sfunx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, was gone and whatnot...what was the exploit? What'd it allow people to do?

And congrat on admin venomous.

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK GambleR said:
in all honesty, why the **** not? that makes no sense. "I don't wanna ruin XBL by releasing this"

bull****ing****mother****ers. just release it, you all had crazy fun with the original xbox hacking scene. ****. And I mean currently it's not able to go online, so what's the problem. maybe a whole 5 people will try to get it online, and fail.

Well, tmbinc wants a full release, but the people he is working aith are like "jhsdfkahef its not 100% done blah blah" so his portion is slated for release tomorrow Ive heard, but the rest is staying unreleased for now...its gay, I know, but thats the 360 scene for you

Sfunx said:
So, was gone and whatnot...what was the exploit? What'd it allow people to do?

And congrat on admin venomous.

It let you reboot and run privileged code, basically allowed unsigned code

The current dash version *Kernel 8XXX* fixes the loophole

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand why people don't release stuff...especially when it won't have an impact on XBL at all. If anything, people would have a lot more fun with XBC...

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:
I don't understand why people don't release stuff...especially when it won't have an impact on XBL at all. If anything, people would have a lot more fun with XBC...
I know. At least part if it is possibly getting released.

will that part be able to run unsigned?

lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have faith that unsigned xex's will come shortly after :smile: Imo thats really all I care about, if we can use the SDK to code cool **** will start appearing, if we use elf's or linux it could take a while since a whole lot more codding is required.

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope it just gets released. I want to mod H3 so bad.:.(

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
not even mod h3, you are the type of person that is the reason/cancer that is killing the idea of releasing it.

I want homebrew, apps, dashboards, custom games, etc, the fun ****. **** spawn mods and run fast.

M

RavageScourge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What is this exploit I haven't been here for a while and I'm just curious. What would it entail?

Scare Croe

Scare Croe

Premium
Premium
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
read 6 posts above yours, Your question has been answered previously!
Kinda sucks that They complain about it not being done, thats the best time to release something imo, cause you get feedback and ideas of what else to include and such.
Dunno tho, Im not that Savvy when it comes to this subject.

M

RavageScourge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh right sorry didn't get that when skimming through, that would be pretty cool like the original xbox wouldn't it?

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK GambleR said:
not even mod h3, you are the type of person that is the reason/cancer that is killing the idea of releasing it.

I want homebrew, apps, dashboards, custom games, etc, the fun ****. **** spawn mods and run fast.

If your implying that towards me, you dont even know what the hell your talking about. I would also love custom apps and maybe run XBMC on it. However everything you listed can easily be done in custom games. That is not what I would mod. I would do skinning, projectile swaps. Stuff like that. Anyway I wouldnt even go on live seeing how it would be impossible to. Don't act like you know my intentions when you have no clue.

K

Kozzmic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe if u can alter the ping limit for system link games, t could mean a revive for xlink. U could play with ur modded games there with friends. No need for live.

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Kozzmic said:
Maybe if u can alter the ping limit for system link games, t could mean a revive for xlink. U could play with ur modded games there with friends. No need for live.

Well with a custom dash, I dont see why that wouldnt be possible. I always hated that though. I could never play xlink because of the ping limit.

N

nickcas

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Kozzmic said:

It should be possible.

@ the thread: tmbinc's portion of the exploit will allow for UNSIGNED CODE. Supposedly it is being released tomorrow, and after that the community will have to do one of two things to get homebrew going:

1. Code a custom dash to boot into.
2. Code a rebooter to boot into any modified Microsoft kernel. (This would be better in my opinion to start off with, because to code a dash from scratch would be extremely difficult.)

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
xbh1h2 said:
If your implying that towards me, you dont even know what the hell your talking about. I would also love custom apps and maybe run XBMC on it. However everything you listed can easily be done in custom games. That is not what I would mod. I would do skinning, projectile swaps. Stuff like that. Anyway I wouldnt even go on live seeing how it would be impossible to. Don't act like you know my intentions when you have no clue.

you shouldn't say that, because of the fact that we are at se7ensins and the words "modding" and "halo" in the same sentence translates to "se7ensins was one of the biggest halo modding/cheating/bridging farms on the internet and gambler was a prominent member during this time" think of it like post traumatic stress disorder, but for an intensely deep passion to **** kids up in matchmaking then jump over to relic for a fun map.

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK GambleR said:
you shouldn't say that, because of the fact that we are at se7ensins and the words "modding" and "halo" in the same sentence translates to "se7ensins was one of the biggest halo modding/cheating/bridging farms on the internet and gambler was a prominent member during this time" think of it like post traumatic stress disorder, but for an intensely deep passion to **** kids up in matchmaking then jump over to relic for a fun map.

Even when I modded H2 I didn't go on live because I respected other people to much. I did go on XBconnect though. I guess everyone is different.:rolleyes:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo is one of the best if not the best modifiable games. If this exploit is released and you can run unsigned code then i will definitely mod Halo 3. You can't be against it because its fun to do. Yes there will also be other things to do. Especially XBMC that would be a real treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register