Sniffer programs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by MrShock, Feb 17, 2009 with 15 replies and 592 views.

1. MrShock

MrShock Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey whats going on. Im having trouble bridging. I got zone alarm and everything is ready to bridge cuz im using a laptop with vista and i did the network bridge. Ive tried without a sniffer program but i cant get it to work. Can anybody help me.

2. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
  3. OP
    MrShock

MrShock Newbie

Ratings:
    ya i have set that up. Ive bridge before on a really old computer but it broke. So im tring it on my new laptop but it not working for some reason. I think it because i dont have a sniffer program because i download cain but it doesnt work on my laptop same with switchsniffer. Ive tried downloading commveiw but this page comes up with setup or readme on it but i dont know what to do after that.

4. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Or you can just use ZAP... There is a tutorial by ColeTrain17 that is fairly indepth as to how to do it.

6. TerminatioN

Ratings:
    ZAP is not a sniffer program. ZAP is an anti-virus/firewall program... :S

7. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    He's talking about for bridging though

8. TerminatioN

Ratings:
    And he's also talking about a sniffer program. Did you miss the title of this topic, as well as the original post? :huh:

9. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I'm not going to argue, the reason he wants a sniffing program is because he wants to use it for bridging in GoW2. I know how to do it, and you don't need one. I was just merely making a suggestion as to how to do it. He doesn't want a sniffing program to hack, he just wants it to find his friend's IPs

10. OP
    MrShock

MrShock Newbie

Ratings:
    K i got cain to work but exactly how do i set it up i think im doing it right but i cant find the microsoft ip when i sniff for it so i cant poison right can anybody help.

11. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Follow Teh Phelix's tutorial

12. Cymbal

Cymbal Best of You

Ratings:
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/gow2-bridging/118942-complete-bridging-guide-start-finish.html
    By the way, If the pictures aren't working on the tutorial still, feel free to hit me up on AIM (my s/n is iThreaten) or private msg me and I can tell you step-by-step how to set it up (that's if you aren't able to follow the tutorial correctly)

13. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    TehPhelix said he was going to fix them soon, I would have already, but I don't use CAIN...

14. Cymbal

Cymbal Best of You

Ratings:
    That's what I'm useful for on here. I used his tutorial when the pictures were working, and even though I rarely bridge anymore, I still know step-by-step how to get cain working.

15. TerminatioN

Ratings:
    I realize that, but obviously he wants to use a sniffer program, hence the topic name. I never said anything about hacking except when offering a better alternative to Cain and Abel.

16. colombian199213

colombian199213 Enthusiast

Ratings: