What's new

Solved slow and freezing.

kisa

kisa

momiji son
Reaction score
Sin$
so I recently got a Xbox one and the dash board is super slow and keeps freezing on apps and Netflix and stuff, is this normal and does anyone know how to fix it?

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
You might want to try a Hard Restart.

(Credit To IGN)
To perform a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off. When you hit the button again, it will start and display the green start-up screen. All your data is preserved, but cache is cleared and some settings are reverted and log-in or game start issues are resolved.

kisa

kisa

momiji son
Reaction score
Sin$
ya its on a desk and no game running i tried a factory reset samething I thought they were always this slow till I used my friends

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
It's highly unlikely that you got a faulty console, but it's possible. Although sometimes my Xbox One freezes, apps crash, or the console just restarts randomly. I have no idea how to fix it. Since you just bought it, it's most likely under warranty so you could send it in and get a new one, which is what I plan to do soon. That would probably be your best option.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
It's normal and very annoying. Mine acts up all the time. Usually if you hit the "turn off" option in the power and start up it will act normal for a while. Sometimes it doesn't even freeze completely. Mine froze for like 2 minutes and then started going crazy like switching apps and buggin out.

M

martystlouis26x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's normal and very annoying. Mine acts up all the time. Usually if you hit the "turn off" option in the power and start up it will act normal for a while. Sometimes it doesn't even freeze completely. Mine froze for like 2 minutes and then started going crazy like switching apps and buggin out.
Went crazy cuz it was still listening to the controller when you were moving the analog stick :tongue:

iPhone 6 Plus

iPhone 6 Plus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wait it out the night i first bought mine it was freezing up but after it got through a day it started acting correctly the only freeze i got was on horizon 2 during at the end of a race

Last edited:
Zob3k

Zob3k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Unplug Power brick from wall for 5-10 minutes and make sure your power brick is not connected to any power bars or extension cables.

Hope this helped :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register